Every year, my aunt makes a photo album of our year in review. It is my grandmother’s Christmas present from all of us and it covers all of the activities in our lives from the previous year’s Christmas to the current one. It is always neat to look back and see what has happened through the year and I’ve decided to do the same on my blog…so hear we go! (Note: if applicable, I’ve linked the activities to their corresponding post)
January 2009
- I rang in the new year with Alex and my best buddy Matt.
- The football program hosted a after-Christmas, Christmas party for us and we got gifts from Coach Saban! :)
- Josh went to his second and final Winter Formal. He looked so handsome!
- Josh was in another Prom Fashion Show…he even made it into the paper!
- Baby brother turned 18!
- I got to celebrate my birthday with some of my favorite people: my family, my friends, and Alex’s family!
- Alex and I had an amazing Valentine’s Day dinner at Kozy’s!
- We got snow in T-town!
- I got a new haircut that definitely took some getting used to!
- Josh went to his senior prom…date-less and had a blast!
May 2009
- Josh’s baseball team beat their biggest rivals which bought them a ticket to the state championship!
- Josh made it on the front page of the sports section on the eve of the state championship game.
- I spent many hours driving back and forth to the championship games in Montgomery, but it was well worth it because they won and are the reigning 5a State Champs!
- My first year of teaching came to a screeching halt, but it was a blessing in disguise.
- Josh graduated from high school and gave a speech as Valedictorian.
- I had the opportunity to teach a summer workshop for the University and spent most of June teaching my kiddos how to use the computer.
- Mom and Dad celebrated their “Sculpture Anniversary”
- We celebrated the fourth of July with the family at our house…we had a blast!
- Josh went to orientation in T-town.
- Alex had his car show in Decatur.
September 2009
- Alex and I got to go to the opening of a friend’s bar downtown
- Alabama football began with a bang!
October 2009
- Alabama football continued their awesome season and the Alabama vs. Tennessee game provided one of the most monumental plays in Alabama history.
- The boys and I celebrated Halloween by hanging out at the house and watching scary movies.
- Alex and I celebrated our 5th anniversary by going out to eat at a yummy fondue restaurant in Birmingham.
- We had the opportunity to celebrate Alex’s dad’s birthday (a.k.a. the Rocket Scientist), with him and his family and friends!
- Alabama beat LSU, earning them a trip to the SEC Championship (which Alex and I got tickets to!)
- I had a wonderful Thanksgiving with my family!
- We had a great time watching Alabama beat Auburn in the Iron Bowl at the Biehn’s Turkey Tailgate!
- Alex and I had the opportunity to got to Atlanta to watch Alabama roll all over Florida in one of the most historic SEC Championships ever!
- Alex graduated from college (Post coming soon)
- Alex got a new job with HP in Arkansas :(
- I had a wonderful Christmas with my family. (Post coming soon)
I hope you have a had a wonderful 2009 and I wish you and your family an even better 2010!
Much love to you all!!

4 comments:
Happy New Years! Have a great and safe night!
Happy blogoversary!
Happy new year!
Hi! I love your blog! We are die-hard Bama fans. My brother and his family live in Conway, Arkansas.
Thanks everyone! :)
Post a Comment