Pages

Saturday, December 5, 2009

SEC Championship: Part III - Victory Edition

We were extremely nervous about this game so we did a lot of ringing of the hands before the game got started!

SEC Champs_0715

The game got off to an exciting start and before we knew it my boy Leigh was kicking a long field goal to put us on the board first :)  That, in itself, is a big deal again Florida because they have an awesome defense.

That just started the ball rolling….we started scoring right and left and shutting down Tebow and Florida’s offense.

SEC Champs_0717

About to score a TD on our end of the field :)

SEC Champs_0718

Touchdown Alabama!!!! :)

SEC Champs_0719

In between screaming and jumping up and down, this is what we looked like! :)

Instead of me giving you a full recap of the game, I’ll just share the highlights with you…

SEC Champs_0720

During the third quarter, the once filled section of Florida fans was looking a bit empty!

Obviously, we won BIG!!! It was such an exciting game and Bama fans celebrated until we were literally kicked out!

SEC Champs_0729SEC Champs_0725SEC Champs_0728SEC Champs_0726SEC Champs_0730SEC Champs_0731SEC Champs_0734

I was so excited!  I kept snapping pictures of Alex and I too ;)

SEC Champs_0737

SEC Champs_0739

I was trying to get the scoreboard in the back…didn’t work though, boo :(

After the game, we headed back out into the cold to meet Alex’s buddies who were sitting in another section.  We passed these girls and we had to get a picture of their signs :)

SEC Champs_0741                         SEC Champs_0740

The crew outside the dome…ROLL TIDE!

Afterwards, we headed back to the hotel to rest a bit (and for me to change out of my boots…although they kept me warm, they KILLED my feet) before heading back out to celebrate.  We crammed in a few more #1 pictures on the way back to the hotel (what can we say…it’s much better than holding up a number 2 ;))

SEC Champs_0742SEC Champs_0745

After we rested up a bit, we hopped back on the MARTA to head downtown for dinner.  At one of the stops, some Bama fans as well as some Florida fans got on and some fun Bama fans led us all in Rammer Jammer and Yea Alabama! 

I know the Gator Fans hated it, but it was so much fun being able to celebrate after this game! :)

We finally made it back to downtown (this time without the expensive Taxi…woo hoo!!) and we went to eat at an awesome bar/restaurant called the Vortex.  I wasn’t too fond of the atmosphere (just because everyone was smoking and I’m allergic :( ), but we had an awesome time and the hamburgers were amazing!

SEC Champs_0748

After dinner, we went back to the hotel and got to sleep easy knowing that we just brought home our 22nd SEC Championship!

We had such a fun weekend!! I’ve already put my name on the list for National Championship Tickets and my fingers are crossed that I can get them and come up with enough money to get out there :)

Only about 32 more days…. (At the time of this posting, it is actually 30 days…yay!)

ROLL TIDE!!!

1 comments:

Blackeyed Susan said...

Great pictures!! Looks like so much fun! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin