Pages

Friday, December 11, 2009

Alex’s Graduation – Part I

This post has been a long time coming (in more ways than one), but I am excited to finally say:

Alex is now an alumni of the University of Alabama!! :)

I know he’s going to roll his eyes and say “yeah, yeah” when he reads this, but after changing majors several times and spending many semesters co-oping and working, it HAS been a long time coming!  I am unbelievably proud to welcome him to the alumni family though! :)

Anyway, the day before graduation ceremonies, President Witt (our University President), always has a graduation celebration.  Basically, you and your family are invited to the mansion to walk around, see the mansion, meet the president, etc.  For my first graduation, my mom and my grandparents came with me and we of course made a huge deal about it, but not so much the second time.  In typical graduation style, his family came down a little early just so they could attend with him and I think they really enjoyed themselves! :)

Note:  I’ve got to get some pictures from Alex’s parents, but I’ll go ahead and share what I have :)

Alex Graduation_0825

The front of the mansion.  I love December celebrations because it always decorated so beautifully for Christmas!

Alex Graduation_0826

Alex in front of the mansion

Alex Graduation_0829

Alex and I in front of the mansion

Alex’s family took quite a few pictures inside of the mansion, but this is the only one I took.  I teased Alex that if we had sent out a Christmas card, this needed to be the picture that went on it :)

Alex Graduation_0824.JPGedit

After the graduation celebration, we went to one of Alex’s favorite restaurants in Tuscaloosa, Wintzell’s, which is an oyster/seafood place that is yummy!  On the way, I went ahead and gave Alex his presents:  an Alabama tie and an Alumni car tag frame (I have one and he’s always told me he couldn’t wait to get one!)

       Alex Graduation_0831 Alex Graduation_0832

I unfortunately didn’t get any pictures from the restaurant or the rest of the evening for that matter, but after dinner we went back to Alex’s apartment with his brother and his brother’s girlfriend and hung out and watched movies.

Next up, the ceremony! :)

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin