Pages

Friday, December 4, 2009

SEC Championship Part I

Sorry, I tried to think of a more creative name, but it is just not happening today!

Anyway, if you remember this post, you’ll remember Alex and I got tickets to the SEC Championship Game in Atlanta, Georgia.

We left about 2:00 and made our way to the ATL, I alternated between sleeping and playing on the computer working on my paper as well as the occasional cat nap here and there.  Alex’s friend Zach rode with us so they kept each other company.

We finally got to Atlanta around 4 and got checked into our rooms at the hotel.

12/4 Alex and I after arriving in Atlanta...long drive, but it was well worth it!

Can you tell I’m exhausted (and almost makeup-less…yikes!)  It was a long ride, but so worth it!

No rest for us though!  We wanted to head to the kick-off party that the Alumni Association was throwing at a restaurant in downtown Atlanta so we got dressed and headed that way!

SEC Champs_0753

Alex and I on the MARTA on the way to the party (I fixed up a little before we left ;))

After a MARTA ride and a completely unnecessary cab ride (Alex had the wrong address programmed in the GPS…it said we needed to walk 7 miles so we got a taxi.  Turns out, the restaurant was around the corner from where we started…grrr!), we finally arrived at Hudson Grille!

SEC Champs_0755

SEC Champs_0754SEC Champs_0756

Unfortunately, we missed the cheerleaders and Big Al, but the party was still going strong when we arrived!

SEC Champs_0758SEC Champs_0759

Jenn Brown and Drubner from ESPNU’s College Road Trip were there and they kept the crowd all fired up!  Unfortunately, I couldn’t find any footage of the party on the website :(

We had an awesome time though….lots of awesome food and I ran into a ton of people I knew! :)

12/4 - Alex and I at theparty

We finally left around midnight and headed back toward the MARTA station.  Since it was pretty late, there were very few trains running so the boys decided it would be fun (and would warm them up) if they had races up the down escalator…*sigh* I’m pretty sure they are 12 instead of 24!

SEC Champs_0761 SEC Champs_0762When we finally got on the train, we headed back to our rooms (minus one of my fabulous red earrings :( ) and went to bed.  We had to be up early to pick up our tickets! :)

1 comments:

Brittany said...

That kick off party looks so much fun! Ugh, I'm so jealous you got to go to Atl. The Vols will be their New Years Eve! :)

Good luck at the Championship. Roll Tide!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin