Since I have done this graduation thing a couple of times, and I was the only one, other than Alex, from Tuscaloosa, I became the hostess/coordinator for the graduation day festivities. Prior to graduation, I had mapped out where we needed to park and sit (since we had two members who were in wheelchairs) so we got there really early to make sure we got prime seats :)
We had some time to wait, so I snapped a few pictures of our new jumbotron and of the gorgeous stage.
Before we knew it, it was Alex’s turn to walk across the stage!! I was so proud of him!
Alex receiving his diploma and then shaking the President’s hand.
After the long ceremony (which was much shorter than mine were just because they cut out the speaker), Alex made his way up to the seats for the obligatory family and friends pictures.

With his parents
With the brothers, his and mine
Then, it was finally my turn. When he saw me, he gave me a huge hug and picked me up off the ground. Brittney, Andy’s girlfriend, snapped a picture of us. Then, it was time for the serious poses! :)
Back when Alex’s brother graduated in 2005?, he, Alex, and I got a picture together…
My how we’ve grown! :) Anyway, Alex’s mom wanted a similar one for Alex’s graduation, so we did the best we could to recreate it
After the ceremony, I invited everyone back to my apartment for snacks. My apartment is downstairs and is handicap accessible and since Alex’s is on the second floor, we figured my place was the ideal spot. We had some good food and hung out here until the traffic cleared.
Alex’s mom brought some party crackers and they all had jokes inside. Somehow, the only picture I got at the apartment was everyone reading their jokes….pretty funny (the picture, not the jokes….they were so cheesy!)
Afterwards, we hit the road and headed to the Cheesecake Factory in Birmingham. It was amazing as usual!
Before we left, I wanted to get pictures with my two favorite boys!
It was a great day and I’m so proud of Alex!! :)

0 comments:
Post a Comment