Pages

Friday, November 27, 2009

Turkey Tailgate/Iron Bowl!!!

Usually, the Iron Bowl is played the Saturday after Thanksgiving.  This is not usually a problem because it still gives everyone time to enjoy Thanksgiving and then after shopping on Friday, everyone heads back to Tuscaloosa and enjoys the game on Saturday.

This year (and next), they have moved the game to the Friday after Thanksgiving.  Although it didn’t affect us too much this year, it will be tough having to rush back to T-town next year!  Anyway, this year, Alex’s family decided to throw what they were calling a “Turkey Tailgate” so that we could eat leftovers and enjoy the game!

His mom and I had been in cahoots the past couple of weeks trying to plan the party together since I obviously had more access to Alabama stuff.  Anyway, here are some pictures from the event.

 Novemeber_0659Novemeber_0660Novemeber_0661

After lunch, we went over to their neighbor’s house for dessert and to watch the game.

Novemeber_0664Novemeber_0667

Alex and I before the game started

I was way too full and nervous to eat so we all settled in to watch the game. 

Novemeber_0668Novemeber_0670

The game was intense!  Auburn played the best game they’ve ever played and we weren’t ready, but in the end we were able to pull out a victory.  Like my dad says, a good team knows how to pull out a win when they need one!

Novemeber_0669edited

Our picture after the victory!  Roll Tide! :)

 Novemeber_0671

The whole crew :)

It was a fun (and stressful) day, but I’m glad I got to spend it with some awesome people!! Now that the regular season is finished, we’re heading to Atlanta for the SEC Championship Game against Florida! 

ROLL TIDE!!! :)

Love,

Maegan          

1 comments:

Brittany said...

I love your scarf! How cute!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin