Pages

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Thanks Brittany Ann!

As soon as I posted my last “Catch up” post about receiving my first blog award, I went to read Ms. Brittany Ann’s Blog Living in the Moment, and realized I had won my second….The Fabulous Sugar Doll award :)  I’m so excited!  Not only is it my second award, but it has a fabulous name! :)  Thanks Brittany Ann!
sugardoll
Anyway, the rules of this one are that I have to tell you 10 things you may not know about me and then pass this on to 10 of my favorites.  This will be tough because I had a hard time coming up with 7 interesting facts, but I’m going to try :)

  1. My high school mascot was a tiger, but our colors were red and white.  When I lived at home I collected things that were red and white and of course tigers.  Now that I’m at Alabama, I got to keep the red and white things, but had to trade the tigers in for elephants (if you’re not familiar with the SEC, 2 of our huge rivals are tigers so tigers are a no no :))
  2. I have a problem saying no to opportunities, which is exactly why my resume is almost 3 pages long.
  3. I LOVE gadgets and am a self-proclaimed gadget queen (works out perfectly since I’m a tech major right ;)) I could walk around Best Buy for hours and would be perfectly happy!
  4. I’m not sure if it is the teacher in me or the “professional student”, but I ADORE tote bags.  I’m scared to count how many I have and when I go on trips, I tend to buy one that reminds me of that particular place i.e. A vintage Disney movie one from Disneyland, a one covered in, at the time, current Broadway musicals from NY, Chicago skyline from Chicago, etc.
  5. I have been getting acrylic nails almost every month since I was in 11th grade (so about 7 years).  I’m that girl that has her manicurist on speed dial (what can I say, she’s amazing and the only one I’ll let touch my nails!)
  6. I love seeing movies, but I rarely buy them because I hardly ever watch a movie more than once (unless it is a favorite, which I usually purchase :))
  7. I truly believe I was born in the wrong time period.  I did Guys & Dolls in High School, and I fell in love with that time period and decided that I should have lived in the time of hats, finger waves, and guys in suits :) (The cast of “Guys & Dolls” pictured below.  I’m the first of the girls in pink and hey, I was a doll :))019_2002 - The cast of Decatur Civic Chorus'  Guys and Dolls  (My absolute favorite play we did!)
  8. I have a big heart, sometimes too big for my own good.  In elementary school, my mom would have to give me 3 times more money than I needed every day because I couldn’t stand for anyone not to be able to afford to go to the talent show or get snack that day.  I have been known to date guys because I felt sorry for them rather than because I loved them. I cry over everything and prefer giving gifts instead of receiving them.  This isn’t always a good thing, because I also tend to be the person that people walk all over because of this.
  9. The majority of the time, I wear high heels.  I have bought a few pairs of flats, but I only wear them if it 1.) suits the outfit, or 2.) I am going to be doing a lot of walking and don’t want to wear the tips off my heels.  In fact, I wear them so much that even Alex doesn’t realize how short I am until I am in flats (and it never fails…he always says, “Wow, I didn’t realize you were that short” ;))
  10. I am a huge perfectionist and although I’m fairly crafty, I tend to shy away from making stuff and certain projects because it brings so much frustration when I don’t get it right the first time. (I was the kid that would be almost finished with a drawing or assignment in school and would wad it up and throw it away because I wasn’t happy with it!)
Whew!  That was fun!!  I hope you enjoyed reading them as much as I enjoyed writing them!  Thanks again Brittany Ann!
Now for my 10 people to pass it on to (which you should check out every single one of these ladies…they’re fabulous!),
  1. Britney - “Tales of a Southern Belle and her Beau”
  2. Kristen - “Southern Web Girl”
  3. “Just Add Walter”
  4. “Carina the Blogarina”
  5. Emily Anne - “Martinis & Madness”
  6. “Rasberry Scrubs”
and to any of my other readers (link back or follow me so I know who you are :))
Have fun!
Love!
Maegan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats and thanks!!

Brittany Ann said...

I am the same way about a good tote bag! Heaven on Earth!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin