Pages

Saturday, November 7, 2009

LSU-who? Alabama vs. LSU

I have to confess something….even though I’m a HUGE Bama fan, and I am always optimistic when it comes to the team, I was nervous about this game.  It was not that I didn’t think we’d win, but I was worried that it would get too close for comfort.  Although it was a little too close in the first half, my Bama boys came out the second half and made sure we didn’t have a nail biter ending like the one against Tennessee (which was good for my heart and my manicure :))

SEC games always bring a ridiculous amount of recruits and since we usually play LSU near the end of the season, this game is usually packed with all of the “big dogs” :)  I usually have my favorite recruits for these games.  Just a couple of examples:

Copy of Junior Year 159

With Leigh Tiffin (yep, our kicker) as my recruit for the 2005 Alabama/LSU game.

039_LSU 07 - Josh and I on the field watching warm-ups

With my brother as my recruit at the Alabama/LSU game 2007

Anyway, I did my usual registration duty this game so I didn’t have a recruit this game, but the number was no less than normal.

November 2009_0598

That group of people on Bama’s sideline…yeah, that is our group of recruits…all 200 of them!

In fact, we had so many recruits that the football department did not have enough tickets for the recruits, their guests, and the hostesses so the football department told us that we were free to leave or go sit where ever once we got the boys to their seats, so I went and sat in the student section with Alex and my brother (hence the picture…normally I would be down there with them or directing people on to the field at this time) 

I have not sat in the student section since Freshman year as I’ve been recruiting since then, and it was definitely interesting.  I’m used to being in the recruiting section where I can sit down if my feet get tired or even take my shoes off without my feet sticking to the ground.  Taking my pumps off was NOT an option in the student section ;)  It was nice however to sit with Alex and Josh and enjoy the game.

November 2009_0601November 2009_0602

  Pre-gamming it with my boys (yeah that’s not appropriate spelling, but it is not really a real word so I’m not going to stress ;))

As I mentioned before, the first half was not fun and I did a lot of praying, screaming, singing, and laughing at the stupid things my boys say :)

November 2009_0605November 2009_0606 November 2009_0607

Second half, my boys (on the field) perked up and we started playing some Alabama Football (hey, they don’t want the game to be too boring)!

We ended up winning…final scoreNovember 2009_0612

24-15!!!

And the crowd went wild (I’m not kidding! :))

November 2009_0609

Want to hear what it sounded like?  Your wish is my command (thanks for the video dad!)

Alabama vs. LSU 2009 - Final from Maegan Slaten on Vimeo.

We sang Rammer Jammer right along with the rest of ‘em :)November 2009_0610 November 2009_0611

And you can’t leave a big win without the excited face pictures (although they look the same as the others…oh well ;))

November 2009_0615November 2009_0614

ROLL TIDE!!! :)

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin