Every college has their rivals and we faced one of our biggest this weekend. I won’t go into the nitty gritty details of the game (if you’d like, you can read the analysis of one of my former coworker’s here.)
Anyway, before the game, we did our normal registration and tunnel duties and I managed to snap this picture of one of my favorite views of the stadium.
The entrance to the “tunnel” from the team’s locker room.
We knew this would be a big game because 1.) We are number 2 in the country so everyone is out to get us, 2.) It is SEC…need I say more? 3.) It is Tennessee and they usually play their best against us (this time was no different, but I’ll get to that in a minute). The game got off to a fairly slow start minus a few awesome plays here and there. Here are Rebecca and I smiling and happy during one of the many commercial breaks (thanks CBS) near the beginning of the game.
As the game rolled on, we continued to struggle. We were never down, but we didn’t put up many points either (we didn’t even score a TD). As much as I love my former recruit Leigh, I hate to see him having to make ALL of the points (although I’m glad he was on his game!) This is horrible to say, but there were a few times during the game that I was just in a daze because we weren’t doing ANYTHING.
That definitely changed about middle of the 4th quarter. Because of some of our mistakes, Tennessee had the ball as the clock got closer and closer to zero as we were only up by 2 points. Unfortunately they got all the way down to field goal range so with seconds left, everything was riding on one kick. Now, mind you, the guy had already missed one and we had blocked one so we were hoping that one of those two would happen again, but we (or at least I) was terrified that this wouldn’t go our way and that our road to the National Championship would end here on our home field, against our rivals. I seriously felt like I was going to cry, throw up, and have a heart attack all at the same time. I couldn’t speak…all I could do was stand there and wring my hands and watch (or attempt to).
And I’ll just let you watch for yourself!
I could watch that clip over and over. I get chill bumps and I tear up every time I watch it!
I have never in my life heard that stadium so loud (Not even the Iron Bowl last year)! You can’t really see the play in this fan video here, but you can hear the change in volume and of course probably the loudest Rammer Jammer you will ever hear!
Rebecca and I (along with everyone else in the stadium I’m sure) were jumping up and down, crying, and screaming all at the same time. Everyone in the recruiting section was high-fiving and hugging each other! It was a great feeling!
Seconds after the win! Can’t you see the excitement? ;)
Rebecca, Megan, Kayla, and I celebrating the win!
I was shaking so much I couldn’t get a clear picture!
and one more for the road ;)
Not a pretty win, but that play will probably go down in Alabama history (not to mention make it in a Daniel Moore print…I’m voting for Rocky Stop as the title ;)) Plus, a win’s a win :)
Roll Tide!! :)

0 comments:
Post a Comment