Pages

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Bama vs. Ole Miss Weekend!

What a weekend!!  Although my original plans were completely shot (I’ll get to that in a minute), it ended up being a wonderful weekend!!

One of the interns from school sent me a message on Facebook a couple of weeks ago, asking if I wanted to meet her and some friends in Pelham on Friday to paint at Sips n Strokes.  Since I haven’t seen her since she finished up her internship in December (and she was one of my favorites), I decided it would be the perfect opportunity to catch up.  Josh had gone home on Wednesday since it was fall break, and I opted to wait, go paint on Friday night, and then head home after that.  Well, Mother Nature had other plans!

Minutes after I walked out the door on Friday evening, the bottom fell out.  Not your typical rain shower…it was full on, pouring rain and the wind was blowing like crazy.  I could barely see as is, but managed to get to the gas station to get some gas (and get soaked thanks to the wind).  If I didn’t have plans, I would have turned around and gone home to wait it out, but since I had already paid for the class, I was determined to go.

Of course traffic was absolutely horrible and took me about 30 minutes to cover about 2 miles.  Thankfully I had left a little early, but I was really afraid I was going to be late since traffic seemed to be getting worse instead of better.  While I was sitting in traffic, my dad called and told me to go ahead and turn around and go home…he said it wasn’t worth driving in the weather and that he would give me the money so I wouldn’t have to worry about that aspect.  I ended up taking his advice and turning around and going back to my apartment.  After talking to mom, we decided it was probably better if I just stayed here as it was supposed to rain the rest of the weekend.

Anyway, it worked out well because Alex and I got to spend some much needed time together, I got to relax, and I got to see one of my dear friends on Saturday for the game :)

Normally Alex and I watch the away games at Alex’s or Josh’s (since they both have big Tv’s), but my sweet friend Lauren called and said she was watching the game at a local restaurant/sports bar and invited us to go, so we did.  We got to enjoy good food, good company, and of course a great game :)

October 2009_0002edited

Lauren and I

October 2009_0003

Alex and I

   The girls – Ashley, Lauren, and I

October 2009_0004

One last picture of Alex and I (too bad the lighting was bad! :( )

I hope you had as wonderful of a weekend as I did! :)

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin