Pages

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Kids Say the Darndest Things

After teaching kindergarten for a year, I got used to all of the cute sayings.  When I stepped foot into a third grade classroom to sub today (which happened to be right across the hall from my SEW classroom from this summer!), I didn’t expect too many “cute” conversations.  Boy, was I wrong!

The class was great.  There were a few that were a little rowdy, but according to the other teachers, they have problems with them on a daily basis.  It was a huge change from K in that I could give them work and not have literally sit there with them to do it.

Anyway, when lunch rolled around, I was sitting with them at the table and one of the girls noticed my rings (I usually wear four: my diamond ring from Alex and a “matching” ring - today it was my black diamond ring- on one hand, and my class ring and diamond from my grandmother on the other).  She commented on how pretty and sparkly they were and then she said, “Miss Slaten, are you married?”.  Of course I said, “No, sweetie I’m not” and she said “Well, with those rings, you should be!  Let me guess, you’re waiting on the perfect guy?”.  I laughed and said “I guess so” and she replied as seriously as she could, “Well I’m going to work on finding you one today and you guys can get married tomorrow!”

If only it were that easy…;)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I literally LOL'ed! Kids crack me up! I once had a conversation w/ a 2nd grader...

2nd grader: You should play these songs for your kids.

Me: Well, my dear, I don't have any.

2G: You should pray to God to get some.

Me: I think I need to get married first. (Obviously, this was pre-marriage.)

2G (in shock): You're not married?!

Me: Nope.

2G: ::shakes head:: Poor you!

It was all I could do not to explode with laughter. Too cute!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin