Pages

Friday, October 23, 2009

Just call me Martha Stewart ;)

Just kidding…I’m no where near the queen of cooking and crafts :)

I did however have a very Martha Stewart type day!  I started out my day by doing some apartment organization (armed with my trusty label maker of course ;)).  After I got bored to a good stopping point, I started searching the web for recipes for dinner.  I found some and then headed out to do a little shopping. 

First stop was here:

image

which along with Michael’s, is a store I could spend hours in.  For that reason, I never go in there just to “look”, but instead, I decide what I am going to buy before I even step foot in the door.  Before I tell you what I went for, I have to give you a little background :)

Anyway, ever since Alex bought me my first handpainted martini glass our second Christmas together (you can see it along with the other glasses he’s bought me in this post.)  I love martini glasses anyway, but when it comes to hand-painted glasses like mine from Lolita, I can’t resist.

Back to my Hobby Lobby trip:

I have been dying for a new craft project and since Alex has his own business venture of selling wine themed products (You can check it out and buy some of his products here.), I wanted to do something wine related for him to sell.  So, I decided to dabble a little bit in painting wine glasses.  So my trip to Hobby Lobby was to get paint to try it out (which I did…I’ll get to that later :))

After Hobby Lobby, I headed to the grocery store to get all my ingredients for my meal.  Since I’m not a big cook, I don’t have all of the kitchen “staples” so when I do cook, my shopping cart is usually full of those staples like spices and the such.

Anyway, I was very hesitant about trying out not 1, but 3 new recipes, but I decided I’d try it anyway, and I’m so glad I did, because believe it or not….they were all amazing!  Check out the meal below! :)

October 2009_0014

Penne with sausage, caesar salad, and homemade cheesy garlic bread.

October 2009_0015  Peach mug pies for dessert :)

I was pleasantly surprised in both cases!  Alex, who usually has an expensive palate, went back for third helpings and even asked to keep some of the leftovers….always a good sign :)

Both were inspired from Sandra Lee’s recipes on her new show, Money Saving Meals, but I actually strayed away from the recipes in both cases, so I am very happy they turned out well!

Since I’ve already had several people asking for the recipe, I’ll post the original and my adapted version here a little bit later :)

Until then, have a fabulous Friday!

Maegan[2]

2 comments:

Hepburn Hilton said...

That looks very good! Makes me hungry... :)

Maegan said...

Thanks! It was very good :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin