Pages

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Normally for Thanksgiving, we go to my dad’s parents next door one evening before Thanksgiving, and then spend Thanksgiving day with my mom’s parents.  This year, my dad’s mother isn’t doing too well so we decided not to get together at her house for Thanksgiving, however, we still went to my mom’s parents’ house for Thanksgiving Day.

We had a great time and since I had a good camera this year, I actually took some pictures :)

Novemeber_0673

The food table!  We have the same spread every year, but it is so yummy, we don’t want to change! :) (You can see my strawberry pretzel squares in the bottom left corner – you can see the recipe here.)

Novemeber_0676

I also made Oreo Truffles and chocolate chip cookies for dessert.

Since all the kids are getting older, we try to get “kid’s pictures” every year now.  My brother and I are pretty trained at taking pictures, but my cousin (especially the boys), not so much!  After about 50 pictures, we finally got this one that we were happy with! :)

L-R:  Josh (18), Jordan (16), Jacob (13), Me (24), and Justin (22)

As you can tell, I seem to be the odd man in this crew.  Although I’m the oldest, I’m the smallest, I am the only one with dark brown hair (even my brother looks more like my cousins!), and I’m the only one without a J name!  Don’t ask why Jordan and I didn’t switch places so we could be matched up with the siblings.  We switched near the end, but the pictures we so bad we stuck with this one! :)

Novemeber_0681

My mom and her younger sister (by 8 years!), Tiffany  (You can see where the lighter hair comes from! :))  They are completely night and day as you can even tell by their looks!

Novemeber_0686

Josh and I

After the photo session, we all went in and relaxed (and some napped).  My aunt Tiffany went home and got their two dogs and brought them back before we ate dinner.  My cousin Jordan has an adorable teacup yorkie, which is my FAVORITE kind of dog. 

Novemeber_0690editedHow cute is he!!  He was looking at the camera and my grandmother brought his brother Max, a ham bone, and he was more interested in what he was doing than taking pictures :)

Anyway, we had a FABULOUS Thanksgiving!!  Lots of good food and family…hard to beat!

I hope you had a great one as well! :)

Much love,

Maegan

1 comments:

Brittany said...

Gah, you're such a weirdo with the hair and name! Lol Just kidding! :) Sadly, I can't deny any of my cousins on dad's side. We all look alike!

That food makes me soo hungry for some stuffing and sweets. I'm gonna have to settle for chicken breast. Haha

I'm glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin