Thanks to one of my new blogger friends over at Tales of a Southern Belle and her Beau, I have been given my first blogger award!
Thanks girl! :) The rules are I have to tell you 7 things about myself and give this award to 7 people. This will be a tough one, but I’m going to do my best! (Note: Alex told me that these are pretty well known, but I’m posting it anyway :))
- I am a compulsive color matcher. It drives my mom crazy because I have multiple shades of every color (particularly red) because I will not wear anything together if it doesn’t match exactly. I know you’re not supposed to be matchy matchy, but I can’t help it…it is in my blood. If you mention this in front of my grandmother, she will immediately bring up the time when I was 2 and took off my shorts because they didn’t match her shoes I was playing with at the time. Yes, I have a problem :)
- My senior year of high school, I went to a Rockette workshop in Nashville. Afterwards, our instructor pulled me aside and told me I should think about trying out to be a Rockette. What she didn’t realize is that I am only 5 foot and the minimum was 5’6. :(
- Although many people spell their first name like mine, my mom actually made up the spelling. She like the show Hotel and she thought the receptionist, Megan, was cute. She liked the name, but to make it different she took my grandmother’s middle name, Mae so it would be pronounced like May-gan instead of Megan.
- I’m obsessed with all things purple. Not only is my room and bathroom decorated in purple, but even things like my mop, broom, vacuum, storage bowls, storage boxes, etc. are all purple. Usually if I see something in purple, I buy it (my mom and Alex also contribute to this addiction) This addiction started when I was little after I found some of the silk fabric my grandmother used to make my mom’s bridesmaids dresses and began wrapping it around my pacifier.
- I have a ridiculous memory when it comes to certain things. Like, I can tell you what I’ve worn on just about every date I’ve been on. Certain events I can tell you every detail down to what I was wearing, but common every day things I have to write down or I’ll forget.
- I’m OCD when it comes to certain things, but not so much with others. I’m a horrible housekeeper, but only because I don’t want to just clean, I want it organized perfectly. I start cleaning and drag everything out to reorganize… I get overwhelmed and it never gets finished, which means I end up with a bigger mess than when I started. Like when I redid my closet, instead of just hanging up all of the clothes, I took the rest out and put them all back in, all of the colors together following the color spectrum. Although it took forever and I made the biggest mess (and couldn’t find my bed for a few weeks), it was worth it because I can find my clothes much easier :)
- I love all things paper. I am a compulsive list maker and have been known to buy cute notepads for every season and have tons of stationary (and tend to pick some up all the time).
Just Add Walter
Southern Web Girl
Living in the Moment
Raspberry Scrubs
The Blogette
Always in Bluhm
Ink Obsession Designs
By the way, these are all fabulous blogs that you should be following…go check them out now! :)
Thanks again for the award Brittany!

4 comments:
congrats on your first award!!! and thanks for mine!
Thanks sweet friend! And congrats! You deserve it!
Haha. I can so relate to most of those! Such as..#4-7. Haha.
And you could have been a rockette...how awesome is that?!
Congratulations!!And thank you!!! I can relate to so many of your facts, I guees we have some similarities :)
Post a Comment