Yesterday I left off with our first unofficial (and definitely spontaneous) date to see “Austin Powers: Goldmember”.
Because Alex was spending so much time at the studio, they decided to put him to good use and made him part of the stage crew. He’d worked and even done shows for them before, so it was nothing new to him…plus he got to wear all black, which was right up his alley (wow, he’s come so far since then :))
The show went well and I enjoyed getting to spend time with him backstage in between my scenes. It was much better than him sitting in the audience and watching!
We did eventually go on an official first date to Ruby Tuesday’s (hey that’s as classy as we could get in high school :)) and to see “Two Weeks Notice”. After that, we were pretty much inseparable.
Although things were picking back up because it was getting closer to school (and I was in the process of preparing for another show), we crammed in as much time together before our schedules were impossible.
Alex and I at the bowling alley for a friend’s birthday. Ignore the slicked back do and heavy make-up, I had just left rehearsal. Only picture I have of us from our HS dating…makes me sad that I didn’t do better at taking pictures :(
Anyway, school started back and we spent what time we could together. As we rolled into September, we were working on another show together and unfortunately by the show’s opening night, we were hardly talking. Alex had asked me to homecoming and I kept putting off answering him (why? I don’t know….I think I was trying to play hard to get, but who knows!) and some of our mutual friends were telling me things just to get us to break up and unfortunately it worked. :(
Alex ended up taking another girl to Homecoming and they started dating. I immediately regretted my decision and despite my attempts to apologize and get us back together, we actually did not speak for the next year….
Stay tuned for part III tomorrow (I told you….it’s long and complicated :))

1 comments:
WHAT! Some friends...I can't wait to hear the rest of the story!!! Yay!!
Post a Comment