On Tuesday, the boys headed down to Montgomery to play the Briarwood Christian Lions for the State Championship. (Hence the title, Briarwood Lions, Hartselle Tigers…hey, I couldn’t resist a Wizard of Oz reference ;))
The boys all loaded on the bus and the parents/fans sending them off.
The boys’ first game was tonight at 7. Since it takes about 2 hours to get to Montgomery, I left about 4 and headed that way. Even though I had to drive back roads the whole way (thank goodness for my GPS), it wasn’t a bad drive altogether. When I arrived, my parents weren’t there yet so I had to wait a bit on them and then we all went in together.
This particular game was held at Paterson Field in Montgomery.

Picture from here
The stadium was already full of Hartselle fans (we always carry a huge crowd wherever we go) and the boys were ready to play!
Coming in from doing their team warm-up/pump up thing in the outfield. I tried to take a picture of their little ritual, but it came out blurry :(
The boys waiting for the game to start (I love this picture and wish I could say that Josh was one of them, but instead he is standing in front of them :( )
Because this game was part of the championship series, they handed out medals to all of the boys!
Josh receiving his medal
The entire team with their medals (our team was so much bigger than the other team)
The boys during the National Anthem (I know I should have been singing and I was, but the boys just looked so classy! :))
GO TIGERS!
Heading into the dugout (he must have seen my bright red camera, because he actually looked up at me! :))
The game got started and Josh got to run a few times, but overall the game was pretty uneventful (as you can see from the pictures below, he never got to make it past first base)
Unfortunately, the boys lost 2-0 :( What made it even worse was that it was on our errors :( We were pretty bummed, but we know tomorrow is another day and I have total confidence in our team :) The boys are wearing their white jerseys (which they have never lost in) so hopefully they will win…fingers crossed (which is good because we have to win both games tomorrow!
Going to shake hands with the other team…notice how sad they look!
I just got home (yes at midnight) and have to get up and teach and then drive back to Montgomery for hopefully the final TWO games and a celebration :) More updates tomorrow!
Love,
Maegan

0 comments:
Post a Comment