Pages

Friday, May 29, 2009

Josh’s Graduation: The Ceremony

I cannot believe my baby brother just graduated high school!! It seemed like only yesterday that this picture was taken…

ph1103964975030052685

Josh and I at my high school graduation in 2003. Unfortunately I didn’t get a picture of Josh and I in just his cap and gown, but my aunt did so I’ll have to get that copy :)

This time, it was Josh’s turn to don the red cap and gown and the yellow and blue NHS regalia and walk across that stage. I was proud (and a little surprised) I didn’t cry :). There are quite a few pictures so I’ll add my favorites and then go check out the rest by clicking on this link. 
Anyway, since these pictures are pretty much self-explanatory, I’ll just add captions! Enjoy!


DSC00950



DSC00952

Josh and I right after we got to the stadium. We were the first ones to arrive….Josh was rushing us so we got there at like 5!

Alex also got to come so I got a picture with him :) (I was so proud…he wore the outfit his mom and I picked out!)

DSC00958

Then we got Josh dressed and snapped some pictures with friends

DSC00967 DSC00955 DSC00957 DSC00959 DSC00960 DSC00965

Then they called everyone to line up for the group picture. Josh walked with his friend Anna and I caught some of these cute moments.

DSC00975DSC00974DSC00976

Then it was time for a few more pictures with friends and then the group shot!

DSC00977

DSC00979 DSC00982
DSC00986DSC00985
Then pictures with family

DSC00990 DSC00988 DSC00989

Finally, it was time to line up!

DSC00991DSC00992DSC00993

Finally, Josh’s turn!! His “walking partner” was his best friend Walton. It was neat to get to see them walk together!

DSC00994DSC00995DSC00996
DSC00997


Everyone finally got to their seats and the ceremony could begin!

DSC01002

The honor graduates got their medals first.

DSC01004

Then it was the time we’ve all been waiting for…Josh’s speech! Bless his heart, he was a nervous wreck and he still had not practiced in front of us! I think he did pretty well considering how terrified he was…we all breathed a sigh of relief for him when he was finished :) Check it out!



Then it was finally time to get that important piece of paper :)

DSC01005

Here, the superintendent is verifying their graduation

DSC01006

Finally time for the alma mater and the obligatory hat toss!! Here is where I thought I would cry, but I didn’t! I recorded a video, but since you can hear me singing (Alex bet that I wouldn’t remember all the words…I proved him wrong!) I’ll save your ears and just post a picture!

DSC01010

Then, we started taking pictures with whomever would stop and take a picture!

DSC01011 DSC01012 DSC01013 DSC01015 DSC01016 DSC01017 DSC01018 DSC01019 DSC01020 DSC01021 DSC01023 DSC01024 DSC01025 DSC01026 DSC01027 DSC01028 DSC01029 DSC01030

DSC01036DSC01035

Then the boys showed their true colors! What a group!

DSC01031 DSC01032
DSC01033
DSC01034

A few more pictures with the family!

DSC01044 DSC01037 DSC01040

And then I had to get a few pictures with my boys!

DSC01047 DSC01042
DSC01046


And here’s proof I didn’t cry (anytime I hand Alex my camera, he always takes spur of the moment pictures so not one of my best pictures!)

DSC01041

When we finally got out of there, we headed to Logan’s in Decatur to have a celebratory dinner!! It was so yummy!

DSC01050 DSC01049

It was a wonderful night and I’m so proud of my baby Josh!! :)
Congrats to all the 2009 graduates!

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin