Pages

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Moving In!

The parentals and Josh came down this weekend to move some of Josh’s things in and move some of my things out :)  As with everything my family does, it proved to be an eventful weekend! :)  I’m posting this in a three part series (on the respective days for archiving purposes) and will share some pictures, but will include a link to the online album in the last post for the rest of them (because of course I took way too many)! :)  Enjoy!

They arrived about 3 am on Saturday…I was fighting to stay awake, but once they arrived and we started unloading, I got a second wind.  Now, we discussed the idea of getting a UHaul since we would be purchasing Josh’s furniture down here and transporting it back to the apartment, as well as taking my stuff from the storage building and moving it back home.  My dad, being the crafty guy he is, decided that instead of spending money on a UHaul for the weekend, he would fix up our old flat bed trailer to save us a few bucks.  So now, I present to you the Slaten’s redneck UHaul (drum roll please….)

 DSC01398 

I know, super classy right? ;)  Now, let me explain all of the work that went into this so you can truly appreciate the idea. (In my best announcer voice)  Notice the lovely wood paneling on the side to keep those smaller objects from falling to their death on the interstate.  The net, which is of course used to keep things from blowing out, is held on by lovely silver eye hooks with a matching metal rod.  Total retail price:  priceless ;)  Anyway, despite its true redneck appeal, it got the job done! :)

So we spent about an hour unloading the truck and moving things into the apartment.  Alex had just gotten off work (bartending) so he stopped by to provide an extra set of hands, especially since my brother said we needed more than 3 1/2 people to help (the half meaning me…yes, he’s sweet like that!)

DSC01405

Alex moving in a desk

DSC01408DSC01409

Josh and Dad moving in the piece de resistance of every man’s apartment:  the giant TV!

Once we got everything moved in, it was time to sort through the chaos and do some organization, but first…the TV has to be set up.

DSC01410DSC01414

Now, the organization can commence :)

DSC01412DSC01415  

We cleaned for about an hour (remember this puts us at like 5 am), and then we all went to bed.  I have to say, it was kind of nice because for the past 6 years, every time my parents visit, they obviously have to stay with me, but for the first time…I got the entire apartment to myself :)

Next up…furniture shopping!!!     

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin