Pages

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Crossing the finish line…

woman-crossing-finish-line

or at least clicking send :)

send_button

Either way you want to look at it…it feels wonderful!

Tonight, I turned in my final project of the summer:  a 15 page lit review on podcasting in education.  I’ve been working on it for a week now so I was ready to get rid of it!

Turning in this assignment not only marked the end of my summer coursework, but also the end of my first year as a doctoral student! :)

For some reason, I always measure my years like school years (August – July).  I guess because everything in my life always worked like this (school, dance, etc), so in my mind, this is the end of the year in several ways.  A lot happened this year and it is hard to believe that last year at this time I was scrambling to get my classroom set up for my babies to arrive on their first day of school. 

As much as I hate that I’m not teaching this year, I am thankful I’m not as stressed right now.  I think this is God’s way of telling me, I needed a break to get myself back in order and ready to go for next year (at least I hope that’s what the “reason” is :))  Anyway, whatever the reason, this is going to be an eventful year in itself.  I’m completing my required residency this year, meaning I will be taking 9 hours in the fall and 9 hours in the spring so that will definitely keep me busy as well as knock out a big chunk of my course work.  This was something I was dreading doing while I was trying to teach, so I feel like this is the time to do it.  My little brother will also be moving down here so it will be nice to get to spend some time with him as well as Alex who will more than likely be moving after he graduates in December. 

So, even though this is not how I originally planned my “year” to be, I’m excited to see what is in store!

From my world, “Happy New Year!” ;)

Love,

Maegan

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The further along you go, the less even years mean! You're just constantly working on something, and so your life is divided up into deadlines and projects. It's kind of nice, although it does kind of set you apart from other people who are still beholden to the semester/year model.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin