Pages

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Off to Vegas!

As I mentioned the other day in my “vacation” post, Alex left for Vegas today!  This was a completely last minute trip he planned with his buddies (and by last minute, I mean he booked the flight and everything on Tuesday) and he’s been talking about it all week.  His friend Alan, who is going with him, said he had to see “The Hangover” before he went so on Thursday night, that is exactly what we did. 

I have to say, the movie was hilarious, but I kept warning Alex not to do any of these things in the movie…needless to say, it was not the best movie to see before I sent him off. ;)

At 3:30 this morning, I headed to Birmingham with Alex to drop him off for his flight to Vegas.  Our original plan was to stay up all night and he could sleep on the flight, and I could sleep when I got back home.  He managed fine and stayed up all night, I on the other hand, begged him to put in a movie and then I fell asleep on his couch for about 2 hours or so.  Since it was dark and I wasn’t quite awake, I let him drive and between the fog and the road work, I was glad I did…I would have been a nervous wreck (especially since he is the WORST backseat driver ever!)  Anyway, we got to Birmingham and my car was on empty so since it was still dark outside, I had him go ahead and stop so he’d be with me (since we were in downtown Birmingham). 

I’m very thankful that he was with me because no sooner than we got out of the car and started pumping gas, a man walked over and started talking to us, particularly Alex.  After he talked to Alex for a minute or so, he said that he was hungry and needed some money for food.  Alex told him he didn’t have any (except for the money for his trip), and then he turned to me and asked and of course I didn’t have any either.  Finally, after a few minutes of talking to us and us telling him we didn’t have anything to give him, he walked away. 

I know this guy didn’t mean any harm, but as soon as he walked away, I was about ready to cry.  The whole time he was talking to us, my heart was racing.  This was 4:30 in the morning in a pretty sketchy area with not many people around, and I hate to say it, but when he started yelling at us and walking up, all I could think about was “what if this guy pulls a gun on us?”  I feel horrible for thinking that because he seemed harmless after the fact, but I guess it is because a situation like that is my worst nightmare.  Like I said, I’m glad Alex was there, because I don’t know if it would have been different if it was by myself.

Anyway, after I got calmed down, we got Alex dropped off at the airport and I made my way back to T-town.  My early morning drive brought back memories of when I was dating a guy back home my freshman year and I drove home every weekend and then drove back early Monday morning.  I was surprisingly awake and by the time I got home, I couldn’t go to sleep.  Of course around 9 or so this morning, I FINALLY was ready for bed.  I talked to Alex a few times when he called to let me know he made it to various legs of the trip, but other than that, I was OUT for a few hours.

I’ve talked to Alex and he’s all in and settled and his friends just arrived so there’s no telling what they’ll be into tonight (I hope I don’t get any random Vegas numbers on the caller id ;))

Anyway, tonight starts my “single girl’s weekend”.  It is going to be full of girly movies that I have been dying to see, a manicure, working out, bubble baths, finishing up homework and then diving into my “fun” chick lit book that I bought yesterday :)

Have a super fabulous weekend and I’ll definitely have my “Not Me!  Monday” post on Monday :)

Love,

Maegan

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin