I know my posting has been sporadic lately but between last week’s events, officially moving my brother this weekend, and then most recently, the death of Alex’s grandfather, I have not had much energy or creative juices to pump out some posts. I do plan on getting back on schedule next week, but until then, I wanted to just do a quick update post of random things I haven’t had a chance to share!
- Sometime last week (it was so crazy, the days seemed to run together!), I found out that I made A’s in both of my summer doctoral classes! Although it was just a little glimmer in the mess that was last week, I was excited!
- Josh finished bringing his stuff down this past weekend and moved in to stay! It has been entertaining getting used to having him next door! He was sweet and made dinner for us last night: steak, macaroni, & french fries…I was so proud :). Today is his first day of college classes so keep him in your thoughts as he embarks on this new adventure!
- As I posted yesterday, Alex’s grandfather passed away Sunday night. He was originally put in the hospital for pneumonia, but they later found out he had suffered from a stroke. He took a turn for the worst on Sunday morning and passed away around 10:40 our time Sunday night. Alex and his brother are flying out to Oregon today to get everything ready for the funeral and probably moving his grandmother to Alabama. The whole family is having a difficult time with it (as expected) so please continue to keep them in your thoughts and prayers! (Thank you to those who have sent your condolences…I know it means a lot to them!)
- My computer is officially back up and running. Before doing the lovely “System Recovery”, I backed up my system on my external hard drive, but unfortunately it didn’t work :(. I did have some stuff backed up previously, but every time I get on the computer, I’m constantly reminded of something I lost :(.
It has been a crazy couple of weeks, so I’m still trying to regain my footing. I felt this quote from Miss Carrie Bradshaw (I eluded to this episode in this post) was perfect for for the time.
“After all, computers crash, people die, relationships fall apart. The best we can do is breathe and reboot.” ~ Carrie Bradshaw

0 comments:
Post a Comment