Pages

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Josh is Bama Bound!

University of Alabama

Image via Wikipedia

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Note:  I want to apologize for the lack of pictures in this post…Josh refused to let me take any! :(

Sorry for the lack of posting this week (Tasty Tuesday’s will be back next week)!  My brother has been down for his orientation so I’ve been a little occupied playing hostess all week.

As you know, I went home last weekend to celebrate the 4th and Josh and I headed back during the day on Monday.  Since he had never driven to T-town by himself, I wanted to at least follow him just to make sure he didn’t get completely lost! ;)  Mom sent a ton of groceries back so he was very helpful in unloading them (which is nice because I usually struggle unloading them all myself!).  We just pretty much hung out Monday afternoon and after he got bored at my apartment, we went over to Alex’s and they played video games, watched a movie and ate pizza while I worked on HW :)

His orientation didn’t begin until Wednesday, but he needed to get an updated TB test and Meningitis shot so Mom wanted him to come down a day earlier to take care of those at the health center.  We took care of that task on Tuesday while I was getting my allergy shots…two birds with one stone! :)  Tuesday afternoon, we had a fairly relaxing evening and I attempted to get Josh to bed early (which is no easy task!) for orientation to begin the next day.

Wednesday morning I got him up bright and early and we headed to campus.  Being a former Avanti, I ushered him right to the check-in tables and then down to get his Action Card picture made.  Since he didn’t know anyone (or so we thought) I stayed with him through the welcome.  I didn’t sign up for the parent orientation because I felt like I got my share of material the summer I was an Avanti :)  It was entertaining seeing the new Avantis do the “Yea Alabama” Tradition (every morning we ran in singing our fight song with shakers) and it brought back fond memories :)  Anyway, when they ushered the parents out, I went back to the apartment.  My original plans were to meet him again for lunch, but right before I was about to leave he sent me a text saying he ran into a friend from back home and was going to eat lunch with him so I used the afternoon to catch up on things around the apartment (and even got to go eat lunch with Alex at FIG!)  Josh came home to rest a little while before heading to the evening pool party at the rec.  We were both so tired that we crashed as soon as he got home!

Today, he got to register for his classes and actually got the schedule he wanted.  We spent yesterday afternoon in between his sessions and pool party working on his schedule (my Avanti advising came in handy! ;)) and got it all worked out perfectly.  Because a lot of the classes were almost full, I was really worried he wouldn’t be able to fit them all in, but while he was in his morning sessions, I went ahead and got on and registered him for all but 1 which had to be opened by the advisor.

Overall, it has been an eventful week!  Josh and I get along pretty well so it hasn’t been too bad, although I will be glad to have the apartment to myself next week!  It was probably good we got separate apartments because the one bedroom/bath apartment gets a little cramped with two people :)

I hope you had a wonderful week as well!  Be sure to check back for my Favorite Things Friday’s post tomorrow :)

Love,

Maegan

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin