Pages

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Things I Love Thursday: Wii

I have NEVER been a video game kinda girl.  My brother has always had the latest game system and like most boys would spend hours playing them.  I only the other hand am entirely too fidgety to sit image still that long and exercise my thumbs.  Before Christmas, I had casually mentioned I wouldn’t mind having a Wii since you could actually exercise more than your thumbs and on Christmas morning, I was surprised to find one from my parents!  I was really excited and couldn’t wait to hook it up and play with it.

When they got me the Wii for Christmas, they bought me two games image to go with it.  First, the Jillian Michael’s Boot Camp and a hunting game for Josh.  That was of course enough for me at the time because I had the sports games that come with it as well.

Not too long after I got the Wii, I started checking out other games and of course I wanted the Wii Fit game and of course, I wanted it at a time they were sold out!  I ended up finding it on the GameStop website and paid to have it shipped in record time only to find it in Target the day before I received it in the mail…grrr. 

image Anyway, I digress.  Between the Wii Fit and Jillian Michaels, my Wii fitness obsession had begun.  I began slowly adding more fitness games to my collection beginning with Dancing With the Stars (which is not technically an exercise game, but it works you out nonetheless :)), and ending with my most recent, and favorite game:  EA Active.

Now, don’t get me wrong…I LOVE Wii Fit, but I am the type person image that works better with a planned routine (one of the reasons why I got a personal trainer last year…a visit to the gym would just end up a run on the treadmill without some guidance) so the EA Active has been perfect for me!  They have a 30 day challenge (which I have started several times, but my schedule has been so crazy, I’ve never kept it going) which pushes you pretty hard.

When I ordered this game, I also got a Gold’s Gym Cardio game that focuses a great deal on boxing.  I never thought I would enjoy it, but it has become my new afternoon cardio!

So sadly, I don’t have any really “fun” games.  I did break down and join GameFly (which is like Netflix for games),  and enjoyed trying out a ton of games, but none of them have me sold :)

Speaking of the Wii, time for me to weigh in (Yikes!)

Happy Thursday!

Maegan

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin