Pages

Friday, July 31, 2009

Flashback Friday: The Wonderful Wizard of Oz

Almost 6 years ago to this day, I participated in one of the best plays I’ve ever done:  The Wizard of Oz

As you know, I have a huge obsession with Wizard of Oz, so when I heard my local theatre company that I was involved with was going to do it as their summer show, I jumped at the chance to audition for what else, but Dorothy.

I began taking voice lessons and when the audition day finally arrived, I felt like I did well, but the director who is a dear friend thought I might be better at the choreography (which made me feel better because I would have been so nervous if I had gotten the part!)  I was happy to be a part of this wonderful production!

Not only was the play fun, but I adored the cast!  3 of my close friends became part of the “Fab 4” and I grew to love “our” Dorothy.  Working with them (and my dance teacher, Mrs. Susan) on choreography was a lot of fun and I wouldn’t have changed the experience for anything.  Although I was only in 2 scenes myself, I ended up staying at the studio a great deal to assist with choreography and just hang out with my fabulous friends and fellow actors.

The show was a great success and I feel so blessed to have been a part of it.  I had just gotten my digital camera so I took a ton of pictures.  I wish I could put them all on here, but instead I’m opting for a few of my favorites, plus a couple of slideshows with the remaining photos from my Webshots albums.

Copy (2) of Picture 253

3 of the Fab 4 putting making their mark, literally, on the yellow brick road!

Copy of Picture 249

Alex came by to help with the set building.  We had met through this theatre company the previous summer (when we began dating), but during this play we were both dating other people.

Show Time!

maegan and addie

One of the few pictures I got of myself backstage.  This is Addy and I (I’m in the Emerald City costume and she’s in our Jitterbug costume (mine is right behind me!)

The Fabulous Cast

Top to Bottom, Left to Right:  Mark as the Scarecrow, Erika as Dorothy, My best friend Bryan as the Tin Man, and dear friend Aimee as the Lion, Ms Pat as the Wicked Witch, and Quincy as Glinda

  Copy of Picture 275 Erika and MaeganPicture 279Copy of Picture 278Copy of Picture 277Picture 276

Friends

Copy of Picture 265 Alex came by to see the show.  You can tell he’s not too enthuised having his picture made with me! (Maybe it’s the outfit ;))Copy of Picture 266

     Matt’s cousin and my dear friend Amanda came to see us as well!

Gifts

Even though I didn’t have a big part, my friends and family treated me like a star :)  I got a Wizard of Oz purse from my grandmother (you can see it in the cast pictures above)

IM000042       Flowers from Tim, my boyfriend as the time.  He unfortunately had to leave before I got a picture with him :(

Copy (2) of Picture 059I also got this candy bouquet from Ms. Pat (the wicked witch), as well as a balloon bouquet from my best friend Bryan.  So Sweet!

Since I couldn’t share all of my pictures with you, I’m sharing two slideshows from my Webshots albums (The first is mainly rehearsals and set up, while the second is closer to show time stuff)

Enjoy!

  Maegan

 

 



0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin