This is my first Flashback Friday! (I’m still showing you my favorite things, but “Favorite Things Friday’s” has now been moved to Thursday’s :))
Each week I will share a picture, memory, or anything from my past to help me document these memories before I completely lose them! Feel free to join in on the fun and post your own “Flashback Friday” on your blog on in the comments below.
My first Flashback Friday is in honor of our most recent holiday, Fourth of July (and the park in which I’ll be hanging out all weekend for Alex’s car show)!
Every year a local water park back home, Point Mallard, hosts a fourth of July festival (as well as a Alabama Jubilee Hot Air Balloon Festival on Memorial Day that you might have heard of). They have carnival type food, bands, activities, etc, but their biggest event (besides the fireworks) is the Point Mallard pageant.
In Summer 2001, our dance studio was asked to perform as a “time-filler” for the two day pageant. Because we had a huge competition ensemble that would never be able to fit on the stage, our dance teachers chose 6 of us to represent the studio. We basically had a month to learn choreography for two dances and perfect them in time to perform them for the fourth celebration. We spent many hours in the studio (and broke many glitter hats ;)), but in the end it went really well!! It was an honor to be chosen as one of the six to represent our studio and as always, I loved having the chance to perform.
So here are a few pictures from the event (sorry they aren’t better…Mom was a little far away!)
Our first performance - “Tuxedo Junction” I’m second from the right in the first picture and on the far right in the second. Burch and Hatfield actually let us borrow the tux jackets and they took our picture in them to hang as advertisement in their store (unfortunately I never got a copy of the picture! :( )
Our second performance “Sing, Sing, Sing”. After this performance, they took a group picture to put as an ad in a local magazine. I have the magazine I should scan in, but not the original picture! :( I have a few more pictures from this dance, but they didn’t scan correctly so I’ll more later!
Well, there you have it! My first flashback Friday! :) Check back next Friday for another “Flashback”

0 comments:
Post a Comment