Pages

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Things I Love Thursday’s: StumbleUpon

Being a technology “major”, it is probably no surprise that I’m quite addicted to anything technology related.  I LOVE running across new things, especially when it comes to web sites.  To further my addiction, I ran across this website called StumbleUpon and it is ridiculously addicting…

Addicted%20to%20StumbleUpon%20Coffee

Anyway, you install this little toolbar and when you’re ready to find a new website, you just click “Stumble” and it will take you to some random website.  If you like the site, you click the “thumbs up” button and if you don’t, you click the “thumbs down”. 

You can see a screenshot of the toolbar below (from the StumbleUpon website).  It’s on a Mac, but it is the same for PC :)

Click on the image to see it better!

Anytime you’re browsing the web, you can give the site you’re on a “thumbs up” or “thumbs down” and StumbleUpon will add it to your personal StumbleUpon page.  http://www.maegz2685.stumbleupon.com

Here is a screen shot of the top of mine (I sometimes get a little “thumbs up” happy :))

Fullscreen capture 6282009 20154 PM (2)

You can see I even found the image I used above on StumbleUpon :)

Anyway, it is a great way to find new things to buy, look at, or even make :)

Happy Stumbling! :)

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin