I’m not sure if I’ve mentioned, but Alex is working on a degree in business. In one of his entrepreneurship classes, he had the opportunity to work with a local entrepreneur who invented the Option Knob which is a tool for musicians (to all you guitarists out there, click on the product name to go check out the website for more info!).
Anyway, Alex and his “client”, Chad, became pretty good friends and when Chad decided to open a bar/tavern here in town, he called Alex to get some advice from a former bar manager. For the past month or so, Alex has been sort of his “business consultant” in helping him set up the bar.
Last Friday, they had a “soft opening” which I didn’t get to go to, but tonight The Alcove officially opened its doors and of course Alex and I had to attend :)
So for the first time in about a year, I got my “going out” attire on and headed to The Alcove with Alex to check it out.
Chad, the owner, asked for an action shot…and this is what he got! ;)
I have to say, I really had a great time! I’m not a bar type of girl for a couple of reasons:
- I don’t like dealing with rude people and Tuscaloosa bars (at least the more college-type bars) are full of them. When I was younger, I could handle it a little better, but now I appreciate going out without getting cheap beer spilled all over my fabulous shoes.
- I’m allergic to cigarette smoke and although I don’t necessarily have a severe allergic reaction to it, it makes me pretty stuffy and let’s face it….allergies or not, secondhand smoke is pretty yucky all the way around!
Anyway, the Alcove is so not your stereotypical bar, which I loved! First of all, it is pretty classy and geared toward the young professional so no drunken college students here…yay! Secondly, it is SMOKE-FREE! This means no more sore throats and smoky clothes for me :) Thirdly, they have these amazing non-alcoholic Mocktails. If you go…try the Bahama Mama Sea Breeze…it is absolutely AMAZING!!
Anyway, for all your T-town folks…go check it out!! It is very much worth it! In the mean time, hit up their website at http://alcovetavern.com/Alcove.html for more pictures and information :)

1 comments:
Smoke-free, you say? I'm so there! Tuscaloosa needs a bar like this so badly, and I'm also impressed w/ the fact that they advertise the high-gravity beers. Some places still don't have them, and it just blows my mind.
Post a Comment