Pages

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Hog Tied!

The past few games, God (and maybe Bear Bryant ;)) has shined on us, literally, and despite the high chance of rain, we’ve managed to stay dry during the game!  Today’s game against Arkansas was no different!  Although it poured down rain before the game, we did not get ANY rain until after we got home and to make things even better, we won! :)

Anyway, this week my friend Rebecca and I worked registration so we did not have recruits.  This is completely fine with us since we have both had our fair share of recruits…we don’t mind the occasional off game :)  Our job was definitely more than we bargained for, but I loved it!

We did registration at the complex and then headed to the stadium for lunch and the game.  Normally, we eat lunch with our recruits and even though I love spending that time with them (since they’re hard to talk to during the game), it is sometimes hard to enjoy your lunch because it never fails, they always ask you a question as soon as you’ve put a bite of food in your mouth.  It’s not necessarily a bad thing, but sometimes it is nice to be able to just sit and enjoy lunch and that’s exactly what we did.

After lunch we headed back downstairs to grab our tickets and head into the game.  Rachael, our recruiting coordinator, grabbed us and asked us to help direct people where they needed to go (recruits to the field, parents and guests to their seats).  Sounds easy right?  Not so much!

The door that the recruits use to enter the tunnel and the door that the team uses to enter the tunnel are right beside each other.  When one of the coaches peeked their head out and told us they were ready, we had to help clear the tunnel of people, and hold the recruiting door for the team to come out.  As I was standing there with the team inches away from me, I was thinking how lucky I was to have this job.  People would kill to be in my shoes at that moment and to make it better I got “the nod” and some winks from my former recruits…I was so proud :)

Anyway, we finished up our job and managed to get everyone where they needed to go, despite the pouring rain and recruits coming back in to watch from the recruiting room.  Once it stopped raining, we directed everyone to their seats and we went to ours as well.

Game time is also another perk to not having a recruit  is getting to enjoy the game without having to “entertain” recruits.  Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy that aspect of my job, but sometimes it is nice to relax and just be a fan…and that’s what we did (and of course snapped a few pictures)!

DSC01524-1    DSC01525-1 

I love my “weekend” job, but I’m looking forward to having away games for the next two weeks so I can sit at the apartment, decked out in my Bama gear and enjoy a couple more wins :) 

Roll Tide! :)

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin