Pages

Saturday, September 12, 2009

This is Alabama Football!

Football season is in full swing here in Tuscaloosa, which means my weekends are full of football!  I am enjoying my last year of recruiting and trying to savor what’s left of it! 

Last week, Alabama played Virginia Tech in the Georgia Dome.  Since it was on ESPN (and he only has basic cable), Alex came over to Josh’s to watch the game.  The boys grilled hamburgers and I made “little pizzas” (tortilla chips, with a piece of cheese and pepperoni on top) and pigs in a blanket.  We had a great time eating, hanging out, and watching the game.  Although it was a little stressful at times, we won! :)

Today, we had our first home game against FIU!  We’ve been several having recruiting meetings to discuss some changes in the program so we were all anxious for the season to begin.

When we got there, Rachael, our coordinator, asked who would like to go to the stadium to recruit.  Because we are old and have given many tours in our recruiting “career”, we were fine with skipping them and heading on over to the stadium so we volunteered.

Here we are waiting to head to the stadium.

DSC01485

Usually we ride over to the stadium on the team bus, but since there were just a few of us, they decided to drive us over on this little cart we named the Saban Mobile (sorry didn’t get a picture…I’ll get one another game!).  Basically it is an uncovered golf cart decorated for the football program and has “Saban Nation” written on it…it is super cute!

Anyway, it was so entertaining to ride down the road in the midst of all the game day traffic on this thing.  Although I didn’t get a picture of the cart itself, I did get a picture of my friend Megan and I on it! :)

9/12 Bama vs. FIU - Megan and I on the back of the Saban Mobile on the way to the stadium (excuse the wind blown look, but we were riding down Bryant Drive!)

That picture would be taken right before I was almost thrown off…it would have been my fault too because he told us to hold on haha.

Anyway, we got to the stadium and got to enjoy the walk of champions from our chairs while waiting on the recruits to arrive.

Right after this picture was taken, Rebecca and I were assigned to a group of 14 recruits.  They were precious though so the worst part was keeping them all together :)

We ended up winning the game and the new game day procedures went very smoothly! 

Up next:  Bama vs. N. Texas!  It’s an early game (11:21 kick) so that means it will be an early morning for us…boo :(  Oh well, guess it is all in a day’s work ;)

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin