In honor of the Season 6 premiere tonight, I thought I would share my love of NBC’s hit show The Office.
Back in the summer (a few days after my official unemployment began), Alex got me hooked!

I had watched a few episodes in the past, and even watched some parodies (like the one below, created by our emcees for an arts awards show that I was in charge of as a GA at Alabama).
Even though I was familiar with the characters and it made me laugh, like many shows, I wasn’t drawn in because I was not familiar with the story line.
One day (the Saturday after I finished my summer job), I was over at his apartment and he was busy with homework or something so I got control of the remote. He has Netflix on his XBox360 and as I was browsing through the “Instant” movies, I saw these seasons. Being a huge fan himself, it didn’t take much convincing to let me start at Season 1, Episode 1 and go from there.
I pretty much watched it the entire afternoon and picked it back up Sunday afternoon. I hate to admit (which if you remember I confessed to it on my very first “Not Me! Monday” post ;)) that we watched 37 straight episodes of the office that Sunday afternoon into early Monday morning! Don’t believe me? Here’s Alex’s twitter stream for the day…
Anyway, over the course of that next week I had watched all 4 seasons worth of episodes and was still craving more! The 5th season had not come out on DVD and only the second half of the season was on NBC’s website so I scoured the internet trying to find the first 15 episodes. I finally found them on random sites and Alex and I watched them (with Japanese subtitles…yeah that’s how desperate we were!). Since then, I’ve been trying to pace out the remainder of Season 5 to time it just right so that I don’t have to wait too long for season 6 to start and when I wasn’t watching The Office, I was following them (@theofficenbc) and two of their characters (Kelly @iamkellyfierce and Ryan @veRY_ANgelic) as well as playing around on their website http://www.nbc.com/The_Office
So if you’d like a good laugh, check out the Season 6 premiere of The Office on NBC :) I’ll definitely be watching! :)
Have a great weekend!

0 comments:
Post a Comment