Pages

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Weight Loss Wednesday: Week 1

Okay, I’m sorry I did not update last week because it was a HORRIBLE week on so many levels that I won’t even go into. :)  Anyway, I was fairly good about working out/walking last week but didn’t feel well enough to do as much as I needed to.  However, this week I’m back and track and ready to go!

Workout Journal:

Sunday:  Ran on the elliptical for two miles.  I wasn’t feeling well so just that little bit did me in.  I took a break and got some Gatorade (I was feeling a little light-headed) and watched Josh and Alex play a little racquetball.  Josh went to play basketball so I played (or attempted to play) racquetball with Alex for about an hour and then walked 2 miles on the treadmill.  I felt horrible afterwards (just because I wasn’t feeling well), but I wasn’t too sore!

image image

Monday:  Recovered from Sunday and tried to let my body get some rest.  Felt MUCH better!

image

Tuesday:  Went to my first Pilates class at the Rec and LOVED it!! I felt stretched afterwards, but not sore!  I went and walked 5 miles around campus!  I was exhausted…but it was a good exhaustion!

image

Wednesday:  Woke up, weighed –1 lb!!!  Normally I would have been frustrated, but I can tell I’m losing inches so I know the pounds will come off eventually.  A little sore this morning, but between Pilates, walking, and falling in my bathroom last night (a whole other story in itself…let’s just say hairspray on the bathroom floor can be dangerous!) it is no surprise.  Planning on heading to a Zumba class this afternoon and out for some more walking! :)

image

I’ll do a little better about keeping my journal up for next week (I’ll journal daily so I don’t forget)  Like I said, I can tell I’m losing inches everywhere and my appetite has changed.  Surprisingly, I’ve struggled to even finish my SmartOnes meals and am having a hard time getting in my 20 WW points for the day because I’m actually full…not a bad thing I guess! :) I’ve started adding on wheat bread to every meal to add in some fiber and a few points :)

So far, so good…let’s hope I can keep it up!!!

Have a happy Wednesday!

UPDATE:

My Zumba class was amazing!!  It deserves its own post so I’ll post that tomorrow, but I did want to share my WW Online Weight Tracker…I just finished off my points (I had a junior frosty from Wendy’s…my new favorite snack!) and posted my activity for today…check it out!

Fullscreen capture 992009 105908 PM.bmp

I was super excited!!! If you are not familiar with Weight Watchers, I’ll break it down for you.

Basically, you have your daily point balance (mine is 20), I used all of my 20 points so I have 0 left (daily remaining).  You also get 35 weekly points that are basically your just in case.  This allows you to splurge a little and still fit in the plan.  If you exercise, you can calculate your activity points for that activity and put it in.  Ideal situation is that you build up a great deal of activity points and not use any, but they can be used like the weekly points.  Although I don’t plan on using any of my weekly or activity points, it is nice to know that I’ve almost accumulated a full day’s worth of points and it is only Wednesday! :) 

Anyway, just thought I’d share!! Look for a Zumba post coming in the next day or so!

2 comments:

Haven and Home said...

I have been wanting to try Zumba! I hope this week is going better! Love the header!!!!

Maegan said...

Thanks!! You're so sweet :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin