Pages

Monday, February 9, 2009

Part III: Birthday with the Biehn’s

Alex’s family has always loved to travel, but after Alex and his brother Andy moved away to college, his parents travel a lot.  Mainly to visit family in Oregon, but they are not at home nonetheless.  As I have mentioned before, Alex’s birthday is 12 days after mine and this year Alex’s parents were going to be gone to Oregon so they came down to celebrate with us today.  Because they are amazing, they brought me a present too (a cool collapsible shopping tote and a target gift card!) and they of course brought some goodies for Alex too.  Here is he opening the loot!

 

  DSC00365

Reading the birthday card

DSC00366

Ax shower gel

DSC00367

A coffee grinder!

DSC00368

Inspecting it closer :)

DSC00369

A mini tool kit

After opening presents, we went shopping at Target and then to dinner at one of our favorite restaurants, Iguana Grill, here in Tuscaloosa.  Alex made the comment that he was not going to be sung to (of course for the first time I commented “my birthday was over so there was no reason to sing to me”) and what do you know….his mom told the waiter right off the bat…thanks Mrs. Biehn ;).  Well we thought we were getting out of it, but right after they brought the check we see this big group of waiters coming down the aisle.  They drop this huge serving tray and sing Happy Birthday to you.  Then they place this tortilla covered in brown sugar, powdered sugar, honey, chocolate and whipped cream (shaped like a smiley face I might add) down in front of us.  Then they put a hat on your head and “serve” you your first bite of whipped cream that oh so conveniently lands on your nose.  I, of course, being the gullible one I am, I really thought they were feeding me my first bite.  Alex actually ate his bite, and the waiter said “hey, that’s not supposed to happen” and wiped some chocolate on his face anyway!  You can see the damage below (they put the hat on Alex, but it was too small for his head so I got it :))

DSC00370 DSC00371

Alex wiping the chocolate off of his face

DSC00372

Not only did I have whipped cream and honey all of my face, but my hands as well…thanks guys!

When we got home, our plan was to have cake…but we were so full that they just left it for us to have by ourselves (they remembered I love chocolate and even put my name on it!!)  Check out this yummy goodness:

 DSC00373  Our cake…so yummy (you can probably guess that Alex got to eat the cherry on top since I don’t do cherries :))

 

Anyway, it was a wonderful end to a wonderful weekend!!  Thanks Mr. and Mrs. Biehn!!

That’s the end of my birthday posts….finally!!  I appreciate all of the thoughts, cards, presents, wishes…everything and I am so thankful to have such wonderful friends and family to celebrate with!!

 

Love,

Maegan

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin