So since I now have a Wii Fit, I am actually excited about working out (well I was until I got sick this week, but that's beside the point). Not only does the fact that the Wii Fit tells me I'm overweight get me pumped, but there is one song on my workout playlist (being a former aerobics instructor, I'm finicky about my workout playlists!): Single Ladies by Beyonce
Yep, you got it! Beyonce gets me through my workouts everytime. Not only do I love the song, I love the video. I'm a huge fan of the "Mexican Breakfast" dance with Fosse's wife (especially when they put it to "Walk it Out" Amazing! :))
that inspired Beyonce's routine. I'm a fan of Mr. Bob Fosse himself so I love anything "Fosse-style". My mom and I actually went to see their touring group when I was in Junior High and even though there were parts that made me squirm in my seat...I love the whole musical theatre/cabaret style movements. Beyonce's video, even though I know I could not shake my hips like that, is totally my style of dancing sassy and fun! Anyway, I'm determined when I get back in shape, I'm going to teach myself this dance because I LOVE it! (As does my mom...she is all about the "walk" part that appeared on the SNL...maybe this is where I get my love of dance ;)) Speaking of dancers, check out this little cutie...it makes me smile to see her doing this and reminds me of the many days I pranced around my den to music videos (heck I still do it...just not as cute :)) Enjoy!

0 comments:
Post a Comment