Pages

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day!

This year, Valentine's day was wonderful!! Friday night, Alex made dinner (steak, homemade mashed potatos and baked beans...so yummy!) and we just took some time to hang out and relax. Since we had dinner plans for Saturday night, we decided to go ahead and exchange presents. I got two more SATC DVDs to add to my collection, roses, and my usual gift of Turtles :). We had fun just hanging out and spending some much needed time together :) On Saturday mid-morning, Alex made a delicious brunch of steak and eggs :) On Saturday night, we went to our fabulous dinner at Kozy's. We've been wanting to go to their Valentine's Day dinner for several years, but we've never been able to get a table. This year we called a month in advance just to make sure we could get it and the wait was well worth it! :) It was amazing!! Check out this menu



I had the lamb pot stickers, traditional caesar sald, lobster sherry bisque, bacon wrapped veal and strawberry arnaud. Alex had the oysters thompson, candy stripe beet salad, duck and andouille gumbo, filet mignon, and the chocolate expresso mousse. I told him to make sure that we got different things so we could try each other's and we did exactly that. Everything was extremely delicious and it was a wonderful experience to try things we don't normally get to eat (or things I would even think about ordering!) Anyway, this is our picture from the restaraunt. (Yes, the matching was planned....there are a few occasions that I can convince Alex to be "matchy matchy") :)



After dinner, Alex wanted to take me to see a movie of my choosing so we went to see He's Just Not That Into You. I've read this book quite a few times and Alex is familiar with the concept and the book from watching too much SATC with me ;). It was very cute and I'm glad we got to go see it! Now, I just have to convince him to go back and see Bride Wars and Confessions of a Shopaholic ;)!


Anyway, I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's day as well!!


Much love,

Maegan

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin