Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine’s Day

I was SO excited about giving Alex his Valentine’s gift, I didn’t even wait for him to get ready to give it to him, so excuse his sleepy-look and bedhair.  He had just planned on working that morning ;)

As you may remember, Alex started brewing his own beer.  He is German, so his friends have always joked about him starting his own brewery and calling it Biehn Bier (with the German spelling of beer…promise that’s not a typo ;))  Anyway, I decided that this year, I would create him a logo for his “future company” and put it on a beer mug.

Joshs Injury & Valentine's Day_02 14_7134

Ready to open…

2/14 Valentine's Day - Alex opening his gift from me (I think this is when he spotted the logo ;))

He knew it was a mug as soon as he took it out of the bag, but I think this is the point he saw the logo.

2/14 Valentine's Day - Alex loved his customized beer mug from me :)

He LOVED it!

2/14 Valentine's Day - He loved it so much that he imeadiately started sending pictures out to people ;)  (Yes he's in PJ pants

In fact, he loved it so much that he started sending a picture to all of his friends! :)

Joshs Injury & Valentine's Day_02 15_7121

I also got him a beer journal to keep track of all the “tasting profiles” of beers he tries.

Since the logo is a little hard to see (and he didn’t turn out quite as good as I wanted it to :(), here’s a picture of what it looked like in design mode.

alexsmug2

By the way, the bug on the mug (ha!), is his baby :)

Then, it was my turn.  We had decided Valentine’s day would be the “simple holiday” (We usually choose to do big gifts on either birthday or Valentine’s Day since they are so close together), so Alex chose one of my favorite things for my gift:

2/14 Valentine's Day - My new martini glass...this is one of the first ones that came out and has been retired for years.  Alex did some research, found it, and got it for me :) (Because how could I not have this one...it is so me! ;))

The retired Lolita Shopaholic martini glass.

I had been wanting this glass for a while, but it had been retired since I started collecting them.  Alex did some research, found one, and got it for me (faded box and all).  I loved it!

We no more got presents out of the way, then I heard a knock at the door.  I had gone back to my room and he came back and told me that there was someone at the door.  I was confused as to why he didn’t just answer it, but he insisted I go get it.  When I opened the door, I was handed this….

2/15 Valentine's Day - Alex wasn't sure if he would make it, so he went ahead and ordered flowers for me just in case and they delivered it right after lunch.  He wasn't too happy with the bouquet (apparently he ordered 6 roses - one for each Valentine's day we've spent together, and they got confused and sent 6 flowers - 3 roses and 3 carnations)  I loved it though! :)

Joshs Injury & Valentine's Day_02 15_7126  Awwww! :)  So sweet!  He told me that he had ordered them just in case he couldn’t be there, but decided to go ahead and surprise me with them anyway.  I loved them!

Then he started inspecting them, and he wasn’t pleased.  He thought they looked a little sparse, especially compared to the ones shown on the site.

He called the florist, and explained the situation (or at least I think he did, he didn’t do it in front of me).  The next day, this showed up at my door2011 02 15_Alex's Birthday Week_0070

The florist felt terrible that Alex wasn’t happy with the flowers so she sent another one, free of charge, with a bear, balloon, and box of candy as an apology.  A day late, yes, but sweet nonetheless :)  That’s good customer service!

Anyway, back to Valentine’s Day.  We were so excited to get a reservation at our favorite restaurant for Valentine’s Day dinner.  We’d only been once before for Valentine’s Day, but it is always such an amazing experience, we had to go back :)

We got all dressed up

2/14 Valentine's Day - Me with my flowers :) 2/14 Valentine's Day - Before heading to dinner :)2/14 Valentine's Day - My handsome date :)  2/14 Valentine's Day - Before heading to dinner at Kozy's :)

and headed to dinner!

2/14 Valentine's Day - Alex's dinner surprise was a 4-course dinner at Kozy's!! I was so excited! :)  We'd been there twice before (once for my 23rd birthday and once for Valentine's Day :)) and it has always been amazing!  Easily my favorite "fine dining" restaurant in Tuscaloosa :)2/14 Valentine's Day - After our DELICIOUS meal...thanks for another great Valentine's Day babe (and thanks to Kozy's of course too :))       The food and service was amazing as always.  Alex had 1) Pan Fried Gulf Oysters with Aged Sherry Butter Topped with Caviar, 2.) Lamb Bourguignon, 3.) Filet Mignon Wellington with Bearnaise, served with Peruvian Purple Mashed Potatoes, and Grilled Asparagus, 4.) Pomegranate Creme Brulee

I got 1.) Pecan Chicken Salad Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Balsamic Reduction Drizzle, 2.) Iceberg Wedge topped with Roasted Cherry Tomato Vinaigrette, Bleu Cheese, and Applewood Smoked Bacon, 3.) Applewood Smoked Bacon and Lump Crab Stuffed Jumbo Shrimp with Sweet Cream, served with smoke gouda grits, and broccoli salad, and 4.) Tuxedo strawberries with a milk chocolate semifreddo shooter.

Of course we sampled each other’s dishes, so I can say that ALL of the dishes we ordered were amazing!

Overall, we had a wonderful Valentine’s Day!! I was so excited to have him there.

Next up:  Alex’s birthday week!

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin