Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Pre-Valentine’s Day Blues

Because of the distance and our crazy February schedule (both of our birthday’s and Valentine’s day…yikes!), Alex and I had to figure out which “holidays” were important to us.  He, unfortunately, could only manage two weekend trips, so we decided to just see each other for our birthday’s and skip Valentine’s Day this year.

I was, of course, a little sad about this considering we’ve spent every Valentine’s Day since 2005 together, but I completely understood.  Needless to say, for the first time, I was actually NOT looking forward to Valentine’s Day.

On Sunday night (the day before Valentine’s Day), I was getting ready for bed and I received my nightly phone call from Alex.  I know he could tell I was bummed, and he was doing the best he could to cheer me up.  Since the class I teach only meets every other week on Monday, I actually didn’t have class the following day, but I decided I’d use the day to just rest and relax and an early bed time was the best way to kick-off my single girl Valentine’s Day.

While on the phone, Alex was trying to convince me to stay up a little longer and enjoy a movie or something.  I had no clue why he was trying to prolong my terrible evening, but I stayed up and talked to him a little while longer nonetheless.  I got off the phone with him, finished up the TV show I was watching, and just as I was about to head to bed, I heard a knock on the door.  I went to answer it and look at who I found at my front door:

180511_937323763775_27401371_48182120_6523118_n

The word elated doesn’t even begin to describe how excited I was to see him!  Of course, I had to snap this picture and share with all my friends on FB, which of course, received some very sweet responses.

Fullscreen capture 842011 32242 PM.bmp I totally agree my friends…he’s a keeper!

He was so sweet and told me that not only would be be there for Valentine’s Day, but he would be there all week! (He was planning on coming the next weekend anyway for his birthday, so his boss just told him to work from T-town all week).  He also told me that he had been conspiring with my brother, in case he couldn’t make it, to have the little bro take me out to dinner in place of Alex….too sweet, but glad he didn’t have to rely on that plan!

Next Up:  How we celebrated our 7th Valentine’s Day!

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin