Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Happy 26th Birthday Maegan and Alex!

Having birthday’s only 12 days a part, February birthday celebrations are a joint affair with Alex’s family.

We’ve done the joint birthday thing before, but since Alex’s grandmother is now living in Alabama (and has a birthday on the 12th), it was only appropriate to do a three-way birthday celebration in Birmingham.  His mom wanted a steak place with a wine list, but nothing too trendy or fancy (since his 90 year old grandmother would be with us), so we decided on a place called Fleming’s.

We had never been there before, and their menu looked pretty good, but not too “trendy” so we thought we’d give it a try.  It was ok, nothing too wonderful, and definitely very chain-like, but I think it was a decent place for a family dinner.  When they found out it was our birthday, they did bring us each a box of truffles, which I thought was sweet.

2011 02 19_February 2011_0100

I unfortunately did not take many pictures, but I did snap a picture of Alex and I before we left.

2/19 Alex's Birthday Weekend - Alex and I after our birthday dinner with his family at Fleming's in Birmingham Please excuse the swollen face, I wasn’t feeling well and it showed…bleh!

Since this was my birthday celebration too, I got some gifts too.  His parents are so sweet!

2/19 Alex's Birthday Weekend - My birthday gifts from Alex's family:  A precious card, an Alabama bracelet, a Barnes & Noble gift card and an Alabama sleep shirt :)

An adorable card, a Barnes and Noble gift card, an Alabama sleep shirt, and an Alabama charm bracelet.

All in all, it was a fabulous birthday celebration! :)

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin