Since I knew I had to share my day with another important event (more on that later), I did what any spoiled brat would do…
I demanded a midnight present opening.
Ok, maybe I didn’t demand, but rather strongly suggested ;) Regardless, I somehow convinced my parents to let me go ahead and open my presents at 12:01 since they could no longer say that I had to wait until my birthday ;) What can I say, I was REALLY excited! :)
But, before we got to the presents…I had to get pictures with the cake(s). Yes, I had multiple cakes, and in fact, I’ve gotten two cakes almost every year for at least the past ten years: a homemade cake (usually by my grandmother) and a cookie cake. This year, my mommy made me a yummy chocolate cake with pecans from our front yard
and a very colorful, but delicious cookie cake
After we took the obligatory cake pictures, it was time to open presents!!Alex videoed the whole thing, but instead of subjecting you to 10 minutes of my southern drawl, I’ll just show you the pictures.
Here we go….
First up, a picture of one of my gifts, that got stuck in the snow in Tennessee and didn’t make it in time for my birthday. A purple Paula Deen cookware set. I have used this multiple times since I got it and let me say, it is the best cookware ever! It was worth the wait!
When Mom asked what I wanted for my birthday, I told her I wanted cooking stuff, and that’s exactly what I got. I could show you the million pictures of me opening the presents, but instead I’ll just show you the “group shots”
Cooling racks, PD Cookware, Candy Thermometer, Alabama scrapbook, set of 10 glass bowls, skimmer, food chopper, cookie sheets, and ramekins…I was ready to get in the kitchen right then!
Black diamond necklace and amethyst and diamond earrings
Two dresses and two new dress tops…my poor closet! :)
After we got the present opening out of the way, I challenged Josh to a Michael Jackson Dance game on the Wii.
Josh wore the sparkly glove the whole time (he said he thought it might bring him some luck against my 10 years of dance experience) and he actually won (hence the number one), however, it was only because he played the “easy” back-up dancer and I played the “hard” MJ part. I’ll let him think it was a fair win though ;)
It was such a fun way to kick off my birthday!
Next up: Another kick-off, the SUPER BOWL!!

0 comments:
Post a Comment