Pages

Sunday, February 6, 2011

My SUPER 26th Birthday! :)

One of the awesome things about having a birthday in early February is that you sometime have to share your day with another pretty important event….

image

Source

Yep, the Super Bowl!  This is only the second time this has happened (the first time was in 2005 for Super Bowl XXXIX), but it is always interesting trying to plan a birthday celebration when you know it has to revolve around football.  This year was no different. 

There was no question about how we’d be celebrating my birthday:

Grilling and Football!! :)

Alex is a master griller, so he got the task of getting everything ready to grill!!

Maegan's 26th Birthday_02 06_5830

No, we did not share a gigantic hamburger.  In Alex’s dream world, we would though! ;)

2/6 My birthday - Alex making his famous burgers for the Super Bowl

See, much better! :)

2/6 My birthday - The grill ready to go! :)

Firing up the grill!

2/6 My birthday - Alex working his magic on the grill

The grill master at work

2/6 My birthday - Our

I whipped up some, what we call “Little Pizzas” and pigs in a blanket.  This was the best picture I could get because my platter NEVER got full thanks to some hungry boys!

2/6 My birthday - John Alan stopped by to visit for a while

Josh’s friend, and our neighbor, John Alan stopped by and ate with us :)

2/6 My birthday - The entire spread...chips and rotel cheese dip, little pizzas, pigs in a blanket, hamburgers, hot dogs, and brats...all yummy!

The full spread: Chips and rotel cheese dip, my little pizzas, and pigs in a blanket, hamburgers, hotdogs, and brats and sauerkraut…all very yummy!  P.S. I loved being able to break out the football platters…I have all this football stuff that NEVER gets used in the fall because I’m always working the games. Glad they made an appearance :)

2/6 My birthday - Putting the finishing touches on the spread

Mom and Alex fixing their plates :)

Maegan's 26th Birthday_02 06_5842

Yum! :)

           

I was a little sad that I didn’t take more pictures (and I didn’t get a picture of me on my birthday at all…what is up with that?), but I took plenty of videos that I will have to compile into a little montage ;)

Oh, and just in case you live under a rock, the Packers won.  Although I am an avid football fan (or at least college football), I couldn’t care less about NFL….sorry!  I just watch it for the commercials, which were a bit disappointing this year.  Oh well!

It was a WONDERFUL, and relaxing end to my birthday weekend!  Here’s to an amazing year ahead!

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin