After my fabulous evening with Alex on Friday night, my parents came down on Saturday to celebrate my birthday. We had a pretty low-key day…just sitting around, enjoying time with everyone. Then, for dinner we went out to Iguana Grill, my favorite Mexican restaurant here in Tuscaloosa.
The beau and I :)
Brother Bear and I
Mommy & I (no picture with my Daddy…he is not a fan of pictures ;))
My fabulous parents!! Hard to believe they are old enough to have a 20 year old and a 26 year old!
After dinner, we headed home, watched some TV, and just enjoyed each other’s company. Somehow we got a game of “hallway basketball” going in Josh’s apartment. Now, let me preface this by saying my dad and brother are pretty good basketball players – they played from the time they were little until now, played for the school teams through junior high and high school and have logged no telling how many hours on the “courts” (defined as anywhere with a net or circular object they can pretend to be one ;)) I, on the other hand, cheered for basketball through my elementary days, BUT I am an awful basketball player. Seriously, I just can’t get the hang of it (and believe me, my poor dad has tried to teach me haha).
Anyway, a couple of years ago, Dad and Josh wanted to go to the rec center to shoot some basketball because Josh was about to start basketball season and wanted to get some shooting in. Because Josh wasn’t a student at the time, I had to go with them to claim them as my guests. NO ONE was on the courts so Josh threw me the ball and I tried to shoot. I didn’t make it and jokingly said, “I would be one of those kids dancing around on the court”. I still had the ball so being the prissy girl that I am, I did a spin and shot the ball and surprisingly it went in. I did the same thing several times and made all of the shots….my dad and brother were rolling on the floor laughing. Even worse, when I stopped during my spins and such, I couldn’t make it.
That brings us to “hallway basketball” the night before my birthday. They were all shooting and Alex, was missing some of his shots. I came in and said, let me try and I’ll just let you see the rest :)
2/6/11 - Maegan's Ballet Basketball from Maegan Slaten on Vimeo.
Weird, I know! ;) I don’t know if it is like a balance thing or what…but it works ;)
Note: Please ignore our horrible “country” I sound. This was about 11 at night and the more tired I get, the more the southern drawl comes out :) Alex is the ominous voice behind the camera :) And my hair looks rough because I had been lying around the apartment. *End disclaimer* ;)
I’ll leave it with that! ;)
Next up: Midnight present opening :)

0 comments:
Post a Comment