Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Birthdays, Brides, and Babies…oh my!!

That is literally my life right now!! I cannot tell you how many times I’ve written congratulations on my friend’s Facebook walls for some reason or another.  Lots of engagements (for those few friends that aren’t already married) and for my married friends, there seem to be an influx of babies lately.  My friends are either showing of their rings, sonogram pictures, or pictures of their new additions.

On top of the baby and engagement boom, it is birthday time for my (and Alex’s) family.    You think I’m kidding…this is what we have to deal with right after Christmas:

  • Jan 9th – My uncle’s birthday
  • Jan. 14th – My dad’s birthday
  • Jan. 22nd – My grandmother’s birthday
  • Jan. 28th – My brother’s birthday
  • Jan. 31st – My cousin’s birthday
  • Feb. 6th – My birthday
  • Feb. 15th – Alex’s grandmother’s birthday
  • Feb. 18th – Alex’s birthday

Throw in at least 5 birthdays of close friends and Valentine’s day, and we are partied out by March 1st.

This year, we have some extra events thrown in because my best friend, Casey, is getting married so I have showers and such for her every weekend until she gets married on March 18th. 

Needless to say, my calendar and “gift shopping” list are FULL, and my wallet is getting skinnier as we speak (that’s a lot of presents to buy right after Christmas!!)

Top all that off with me trying to finish up school and do some prelim work for my dissertation (yep, my last full semester before dissertation) and you have my excuse reason for the light posting here lately (and for the next few weeks).

Thanks for hanging in there with me!! I promise I’ll be back soon with lots of updates about my adventures, because I’m sure there will be some ;)

Now excuse me while I go back to browsing online gift registries…*sigh*

Take care loves!

xoxo

Maegan

1 comments:

Tyler from AL said...

Yikes! That is a full first-3-months of 2011! Good luck with that. Feel free to shoot that dissertation my way if you want a set of eyes for proofreading ;)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin