It’s 7:00 and as we speak, the recital is beginning (no, I’m not posting from backstage…I am actually writing this way before the chaos begins)
My costume (yes singular…thank goodness! We’ve come a long way from the days of 40 costumes per show!!) is hanging up, ready to be thrown on at the last minute.
My stage make-up (that I had to go buy because I left mine back in Tuscaloosa…yikes!) is on and packed in my cute little make-up case ready to be used for touch-ups after I run up and down 2 flights of stairs herding crying and yelling children downstairs and onto the stage saying things like
“Girls, we cannot talk on the stairs because your mommies and daddies can hear you out in the audience”
“You can see your Mommy as soon as the dance is over I promise”
“We don’t have time for you to check in the mirror ‘just one more time’…you look gorgeous I promise”
“Sweetheart, why are you only wearing one shoe? Find your other shoe QUICKLY!!”
And of course, my dance steps are learned, perfected and I’ve got my dancer face on ready to perform.
I am nervous, anxious, and most importantly ECSTATIC about this.
Because in the midst of the chaos, glitter, hairspray, and lights…I am in my element.
And no matter what happens, the show must go on..and it will. Even though we will have moments where we are not sure that we will make it through this show …we will, and everything will be perfect (to the audience’s eyes at least ;)).
IT’S SHOWTIME!!!

2 comments:
I know you did wonderfully! I hope you had fun!
I can't wait to see the pics! Break a leg, my dear!
Post a Comment