My final day in Arkansas was a little bittersweet. Although I was excited to get the spend the whole day with him, I couldn’t help but think about how I would be going back to our “new normal” the following day. Every time I started getting sappy, Alex would say something sweet and remind me to enjoy our time together while we had it :)
On our way to dinner on Friday night, we drove over this bridge overlooking downtown Little Rock/River Market area and I made him promise to bring me back before I left. On Sunday, since it wasn’t raining, that is exactly what we did!
I’m a sucker for downtown areas…I love the idea of being able to stroll down the street and pop in and out of shops (probably why I love NY so much!) This coupled with a beautiful park and my honey…I was in heaven!
As soon as I saw the park, I was in love!
Apparently, Peabody Park was designed by kids…and it is absolutely adorable! They even have a “history walk” that you go through and you can learn about Arkansas from the signs…precious
How pretty is that? See that bridge in the background of the second picture (which happens to be one of my favorite pictures from the trip)…we noticed people were walking up to it so we decided to do the same :)
It was a bit windy…okay, extremely windy…
but it the views were gorgeous. Especially this one of the park…
How pretty is this?? I was in love!! If it hadn’t been so windy, I could have probably stayed up there all day.
We were both starving so I suggested we have a picnic in the park (because honestly, I didn’t want to leave this place!). The cute little market on the strip was closed so we thought we’d just drive and find a grocery store close by and grab stuff to make sandwiches…sounds simple enough no? I chose the grocery store category and we were on our way…I was totally choosing by the name of the place, which was obviously not the smartest idea. The first place apparently didn’t exist, and the second place, called Barne’s Grocery and Deli, was more like a rundown gas station that was overgrown with weeds…I so wish I had gotten a picture, but I was too busy laughing, but trust me…it was a scary sight. So, we gave up and headed back to the loveliness of the River Market and ended up grabbing food from one of the shops called Four Square.
Us waiting on our food and enjoying our Mexican cokes in the glass bottles...yummy! (Note: I am not a coke drinker period, but it is something about them in glass bottles…)
Then we took our food and a beach towel and found a pretty spot in the grass.
Our lunch: mushroom and feta wrap, veggie panini, caesar salad and of course our Mexican Cokes :)
It was absolutely perfect that is until the clouds started rolling in so we took that as our cue to leave…our day wasn’t over yet though!
Stay tuned for the next part of our adventure…

0 comments:
Post a Comment