So, when I left off, we were on our way back to Alex’s to get ready for our date night. We had discussed this while I was packing so I knew exactly what I was going to wear. As soon as we got back, I threw on my “perfect outfit” and was just freshening up my make-up when I heard it…
“Babe, what should I wear?”
Sigh…honestly, I have enough trouble picking out my own clothes and honestly I didn’t care what he wore as long as he didn’t look awful (which thankfully I’ve trained him well over the course of our 5 year relationship and that doesn’t happen anymore ;)) So, I told him to wear whatever he wanted…
“No, tell me what YOU want me to wear”.
Now, there are occasions (i.e. weddings, fancy dinners, special events) that I do like us to at least coordinate, just for picture purposes of course…but I don’t make him match me ALL the time. In fact, there have been several instances where I opened the door for a date and we were wearing the same top and Alex either made me change or he did. Anyway, I suggested he put on a black polo (because I was wearing black). He put that on with khakis, but of course he was too dressed up and he didn’t want to wear jeans. I suggested he put on his khaki shorts and we call it a day. His response:
“Well, I don’t have black summer shoes that I can wear with shorts!”
Folks, I have created a monster. As much as I wanted to shake him or bang my head against the wall…I knew it was my fault for threatening him never to wear black and brown together (although I’m obviously going to have to work on the “exception” rule) Nevertheless, he refused to wear it so we were back to square one.
We went back and forth for like 30 minutes…I ended up taking every piece of clothing out of my bag so we could find something to match and we actually argued over this. Bless him, he was trying so hard to make me happy by matching me…but, at that moment, I really didn’t care. I felt horrible though because obviously he’s afraid of not matching me…yikes! I told you…I’ve created a monster.
He finally settled on a purple button-up that he has been wanting to wear (because purple is my favorite color and I have been pushing for him to get something in purple for years) and I ended up in the same outfit I had been wearing the entire day. Oh well…we survived the clothing catastrophe and we were finally on our way…
At least we matched for the few self-portraits we took on the way out the door ;) I do love him for trying his best to make everything “perfect” :)
Our first stop was a little place called Sushi Cafe in Little Rock. It is a little hole-in-the-wall place, but the food is amazing. Since we had that ridiculous pizza for lunch, we decided to go light for dinner and ordered two sushi rolls: the rainbow roll and the blue dragon. They were delicious!
The place was packed, so we ended up having to sit at the sushi bar. It was fine though because this little guy beside me cracked me up…
Plus, it’s always fun to watch the masters at work :)
After dinner, we had some time to kill before our movie, so we checked out some of the stores in the same shopping center as the movie theatre. They had one of my favorite stores, Charming Charlies, so we didn’t get much further than that. Alex suggested we grab some dessert at a restaurant in the shopping center (pretty sure it was his way of getting me out of the store) and this girl NEVER turns down a good dessert.
So, we headed into Ya-Ya’s and told them we just wanted to look at a dessert menu. Then the waiter starts walking toward us with a whole tray of goodies that I’m of course thinking it is someone’s order…nope it is the dessert tray. I would say that every restaurant should have one of those, but it would not be good for me because I wanted to get one of everything. However, only 2 of the dishes had chocolate and when he was describing the second option…I immediately said “we’ll take that”
I mean warm chocolate ganache wrapped in phyllo dough topped with ice cream and a homemade brownie…yeah no question there! Alex was actually surprised I didn’t choose the cheesecake (I don’t think he heard the chocolate ganache part), but when it came out and we took the first bite…he agreed it was the best choice ;) It was amazing!
After dessert, it was finally time for us to head to the movie theatre to see “Date Night” The movie was very funny and definitely a great “date night” movie! :) I mean, how can you go wrong with Steve Carrell and Tina Fey? ;)
Afterwards, we headed back to Alex’s apartment because after eating so much rich food all day, I wanted to do nothing but sleep…bleh! It was worth it though! :)
Stay tuned for my final day in Arkansas :(….

0 comments:
Post a Comment