Pages

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Arkansas in April, Part II

Part I

So, Saturday was not near as eventful as the previous day, but it was definitely fun! :)

We slept late which was great!  We were discussing what we wanted for lunch and it hit me that I completely forgot my bag of shower stuff back in Tuscaloosa.  Sweet Alex offered me the stuff that was in his shower, but I didn’t think Axe shower gel and men’s 2 in 1 shampoo/conditioner was going to cut it.  It was pouring down rain, but he offered to take me to Target to get all of the stuff I needed. 

04 24_1723 See, he’s even faking a smile for me ;)

On the way, we grabbed some coffee from one of the 4 Starbucks they have (we had to hit up the drive through one because we don’t have one of those here ;)) and then went to Target.  No sooner did we walk in the door before the bottom fell out.  I am quite picky about my shower stuff….shampoo in particular, as most of mine comes from the salon or Walgreen’s if they actually have it.  I decided I was just going to shop on the travel aisle because if I had to choose from everything else, we would be there all day.  I bet I spent a good 15 minutes or so trying to decide on what to get and sweet Alex was such a trooper and nodded and smiled as I shoved shower gels and shampoos in his face for him to smell.  I’m sure he misses things like that ;)

IMG00075-20100427-0147 The goods :)

As soon as we made it to the register, it stopped raining so I didn’t feel as bad :)  We then headed home so we could get ready and grab some lunch.  While we were trying to decide where to eat, Alex gave me a mini tour of his new hometown.

Visiting Arkansas_04 24_1770

We ended up eating at one of Alex’s favorite pizza places, Gusano’s.

04 24_1726

I had never had Chicago-style deep-dish pizza, so I was definitely anxious to try it out!  We were so hungry, we decided to order an appetizer while we were waiting on our pizza…

Visiting Arkansas_04 24_1768 It’s pizza dip…like all of the toppings of a pizza melted in a skillet and served with Frito’s….it was so good!!  Alex and I determined to figure out a recipe for it.

Just as we were finishing up the pizza dip, our pizza arrived.  Since we were sharing one, I let Alex order and he did so well!

Visiting Arkansas_04 24_1769

This picture doesn’t do it justice…this thing was huge!! (You can kind of get an idea if you look at Alex’s plate behind it)  I could only eat a piece of it, but it was so yummy!!!

After lunch, Alex took me to Little Rock to show me around.  We hit up several of the upscale shopping centers there and did some looking around (I didn’t buy anything, but I definitely did lots of drooling over bags in the Coach store ;))  Then, we headed back to get ready for our date night (only after we stopped at gas station for icee’s…I had a sore throat so a coke icee was the perfect cure ;))

To be continued…

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin