With my birthday coming up on Saturday, Alex went shopping today and I just had to share the conversation we had (mostly over Blackberry Messenger):
A: So I found you the perfect present, but they have them in a bunch of different colors so I don’t know what to get you.
M: You know me, you know what colors I like so just use your best judgment.
A: Well I think they’re all hideous so I have no clue.
M: Hideous? If you think they’re hideous, why are you looking at them for me? I don’t want anything hideous!
A: Well, hideous in a fashionable way. I don’t know, but you mentioned that you wanted one of these, but I don’t know what color.
M: First of all, I can’t believe you called something I want hideous Secondly, I still don’t know what you’re talking about but when it comes to colors, here is a good rule of thumb: if it is for my apartment, go with purple, red, or black and if it is an accessory the basic colors are always safe, but I wear just about any color. Hope that helps! :)
A: Haha, but this thing is multicolored!
M: Are they all multicolored?
A: Yes, you know what it is now right?
M: (Having a slight idea that he was referring to Vera Bradley, I tried to throw him a line without making him feel bad if that wasn’t it): I might have an idea, but I don’t want to ruin the surprise
A: You might have to. There are way too many colors and styles to choose from and I don’t know if you really want one.
M: Okay, I’ll give you this….if it is what I think it is the colors purple punch and symphony in hue will help you out. If those names help you out, I don’t have anything in either, but remember, I love tote bags!
A: Now, I’m really lost. Are you thinking of an accessory?
At this point, I called him because he was confusing me. He was indeed in Vera Bradley and he was completely confused and rightfully so. He knows I have several Vera Bradley pieces, but since they are all in a retired pattern, and even though I had been looking at a couple of the newer patterns, I had never mentioned them to him so he didn’t have a leg to stand on. Normally, I would just leave it to him, but that store can be extremely intimidating and even I have trouble choosing pieces and patterns sometimes. I gave him my two favorite patterns and a couple of my favorite styles so he did have some say so and I would still be surprised :)
I was so impressed though because the only time I have ever mentioned Vera Bradley was on the plane back from California. Of course several of the girls had Vera Bradley carry-ons and I made the comment, “Ooh, I like her Vera” and then of course I had to explain what I meant and that there were all different patterns but they were pretty easy to spot. He knows my pink elephant bags so I pointed out that they were Veras too, but that is the only time the name has ever come up.
Anyway, I was so proud of him for remembering the name brand and actually attempting to go in that store! Apparently, he does listen to me sometimes :)
Sorry…but I just had to brag on my guy :)

2 comments:
Awww, your honey did well! My hubs had his first Vera buying experience over Christmas. And he got my the wrong print. But one I liked, so I kept it anyways. He was so confused. He second-guessed the gift 18 different times.
How sweet of him! I'm sure what ever he picks will be gorgeous! :)
Post a Comment