Since Josh’s birthday was on a Thursday and they were threatening some nasty winter weather that weekend, my parents decided it would be best if we all met in Birmingham for dinner. When it comes to our family celebrations, mom is usually the one who plans everything, but she was battling a horrible stomach bug and couldn’t get everything done so that left all the planning up to me!
I ordered the cake (which the lady rushed me through so quickly I was just waiting on a cake that was worthy of Cake Wrecks), and although I had already gotten my present for him, I still had to go get his present from them . We were planning on getting him Band Hero with the entire band kit, but since it was so expensive (and big), I wanted to take him to be sure that’s what he wanted.
So after picking up the cake (which was fine), going to Best Buy once, only to decide that I needed Josh to come too, running all my personal errands, making a second trip to Best Buy with Josh only to come out empty handed (it wasn’t what he wanted), we finally hopped on the road to Birmingham.
My family are fairly picky eaters. They don’t like anything fancy…just plain and simple food so deciding on a place that would suit everyone was no easy task. Josh wanted steak, but I knew my parents would not want to pay an arm and a leg to go to a fancy steak house, so I suggested TGI Friday’s because 1.) we don’t have it in T-town or at home, 2.) it was fairly safe (we had eaten there before) 3.) it was reasonably priced. I plugged the address in my GPS and were headed that way. About 10 miles from the exit for TGI Friday’s, my dad called and changed plans and decided to go to Logan’s instead. I was not a happy girl. First of all, I am not a fan of Logan’s. Every time I eat there…it makes me sick, literally. On that same note, we have one in Tuscaloosa AND one in Decatur, and we were driving an hour to eat there. Being moody, stressed, and not feeling well was not helping things either!
Anyway, I tried to suck it up and deal with it since it was Josh’s birthday. Although I didn’t have the best time, I think he did so it was worth it!
I know you’ve already seen some of these pictures, but I thought I’d share them all here :)
Happy Birthday Joshie! :)

3 comments:
Aw fun! Looks like your brother had a wonderful birthday! That cookie cake looks yummy! I love cookie cake! :)
Hope your brother had a good birthday! Don't feel bad, I REALLY don't like Logan's either!
Brittany - Yes, we've started getting one for our birthdays every year because they are such a big hit! :)
Heather - He did! Thanks :)
Post a Comment