Forever ago (seriously, it has been over a month…yikes!), my sweet friend Brittany at Tales of a Southern Belle and her Beau gave me the Happy 101 Award and I am just getting around to blogging it! Thanks Brittany!
The Rules:
1. List 10 things that make you happy.
2. Tag 10 bloggers that brighten your day.
10 Things Making Me Happy:
- Spending time with my family, friends, and Alex - They always make me smile when I’m having a bad day!
- Reading a good book - especially “Chick Lit”…it is such a refreshing break from my usual doctoral reading.
- Gorgeous shoes – This includes shoes I own as well as those I covet. If I’m having a bad day, slipping on a pair of my favorite shoes seems to make it all better…weird I know ;)
- “Anything Shiny” – Mainly diamonds, but this girl loves a good piece of jewelry no matter what the gem stone.
- Dancing – Whether it is for fun or for a class, dancing has always been my escape.
- Teaching – It has always been my passion and even on the hard days, knowing that I am making a difference in a child’s life makes it all worth it.
- Sweet Gestures – Whether it is a phone call, text message, thank you card, or even holding the door open with a smile…I love it. It makes me realize there are still nice people in the world :)
- Date Night with my Tivo – I love it when it finds new shows for me to watch and that I can always go back to my favorites when I need them (i.e. Sex and the City ;))
- Good food and chocolate – If weren’t for the dancing mentioned above, I would be huge because I love good food…I think I’m a foodie at heart.
- Art – Whether it is visual or performing, I love it all!
Whew! That was not easy! Now, for my 10 bloggers that make me smile (Some of you ladies have already gotten this, but I love you so much I had to include you on my “Favorites” list):
- Just Add Walter
- Southern Web Girl
- Living in a Moment
- Tales of a Southern Belle and her Beau
- Martinis & Madness
- The Sweet Sea
- The Byingtons
- Miranda’s Mumblings
- The Horton Family
- The Unemployed Bitty’s Chronicles
Thanks again Brittany! :)

4 comments:
Yay! :) You are welcome my dear!
love your 10 things.. .many of those are the same things that make me happy!! thanks for the award!
Thank you, sweet friend!
Love your header,
Work from home
Post a Comment