Pages

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Alabama Football – Junior Day!

Although signing day just wrapped up, the Alabama recruiting staff has already been hard at work recruiting the 2011 recruiting class!  We had our first Junior Day of the year on Saturday for our ELITE juniors (the top prospects which even included a few sophomores!) and it went very well.

As much as I love working the football games, I enjoy the spring events even more!  They are much more relaxed and it is fun to see the coaches in more casual (but still professional) attire and to see the recruits actually get to spend some time with coaches instead of them being rushed off to a football game.  I also love seeing Saban out of his “tough” game mode and see him laughing and cutting up with the recruits…that is what makes him an AMAZING coach…the players LOVE him!

This Junior Day was no different.  We had a small group of guys so everyone had a chance to get to know the recruits and really answer their questions.  This small group was also easier on us because we didn’t have to work as hard either.  In fact, after I worked my first assignment, I got to go home for several hours and then got the phone call that I didn’t have to come back for my second because everything was under control :)

Since this is my first event to work since we became National Champions, I was looking forward to seeing all of our awards in person.  Before everyone got there, I took advantage of the calm before the storm and took a few pictures :)  I didn’t get to take as many as I wanted, but hopefully I’ll have plenty of other opportunities for photo shoots :)

The Coaches’ Trophy out in the lobby outside the recruiting room.  This space has been empty so it was the PERFECT place for the trophy (and it can be seen from the road!)

1.30 Junior Day (10)

Close-up!  I can never get enough of this!

Me with the trophy.  Although this is not a great picture of me, my companion makes up for it ;)

1.30 Junior Day (12)

My friend Rebecca and I just had to get a picture touching it :)  Definitely my new favorite picture (again not of me, but in general :))

1.30 Junior Day (2)

Our other awards in the SEC Championship Case.  They’re working on building displays for them all!  Obviously this wall hasn’t changed since I’ve been working so I’m glad to see the 2009 plaque and the trophies added in!

1.30 Junior Day      The Heisman in the Hall of Champions.  Behind that is the “Hall of Fame” wall with all of our All-Americans and then the observation deck for the practice field.  Sorry it is not the best picture, but we had recruits coming in so I had to hurry!

Anyway, all in all, it was a great day!  It was nice to meet all the “new additions”

Roll Tide!

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin