Valentine’s day weekend this year was wonderful! It was a little different than normal (I’ll get to that in a minute), but great nonetheless!
It started out by waking up to a little bit of snow on Friday.
Although the town pretty much shut down in prep for a huge snow, this is about all we got and it was pretty much gone by lunch :(
On Friday night, my parents came into town and Alex arrived a little while later. Mom did her usual cleaning of our apartments (it is just never good enough for mom ;)) and then we all went to bed.
Saturday morning, we got up bright and early to get ready for the day’s festivities. This year, the A-Club (the club for the former Alabama football players) hosted their first annual BBQ Cook-off and we bought 7 tickets for my family, Alex, and my uncle David and cousin Julie to go.
While waiting for everyone to get there:
Once everyone got there, we headed toward the stadium. It was so nice to be in Bryant Denny again! :)
Since it was the first one, it was a little chaotic. They had former players there to sign autographs, you could sample all the BBQ teams, hang out on the field, tour the locker room, play various games, and listen to the live band. There was a lot to do in the 3 hours they had allotted and it led to some chaos. Overall, we had a great time though and I have full faith that they will get it all together before next year! :)
As usual, I took way too many pictures, so for viewing sake, I’ll share a few of my favorites!
Brother Bear and I :)
Alex and I. I wore flats for the first time in a long time and he was trying his best to compensate for my shortness ;)
Me at the goal post (too bad it wasn’t the other end :( )
Gotta have at least one self-portrait ;)
Julie and I enjoying our BBQ in the stands! :)
Cousin picture! :)
Last shot before we left (yes, I realize how short I am…hence my constant wearing of heels ;))
Family picture
We had a wonderful time!! We got to hang out in the stadium, meet some former players, eat great food, and get some autographs!
If you would like to check out all my pictures, you can visit my SmugMug album by clicking on the picture below.
Stay tuned for Part II of my Valentine’s Day :)

0 comments:
Post a Comment